Hanzo is back to old Arrow Speed

The way Hanzo arrows work is there is a base speed of 25 and it adds another bonus speed determined by how long the shot was charged up.

Last patch this was 25+100 x Charge for a total maximum speed of 125.
The PTR value is now 25+85 x Charge so the max speed is now 110, the same value as it was before the Hanzo rework.

I think the old patch notes are incorrectly only listing the bonus speed value and not including the base speed.

This was written by a Dev, Josh Noh, when I asked if the patch notes were a typo.

Hanzo now shoots at his old speed. This also affects Storm Arrow probably.

Make of that what you will.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/overwatch-ptr-patch-notes-%E2%80%93-jan-9-2020/444641/4

3 Likes

That’s nice. Never really could get used to the new speed on longer distances. Even after all this time. Personally this is a change that I like. The old speed felt more “normal” for me… but if they wanted to really nerf him they should’ve decreased the amount of Storm Arrows to 3… something along the line of nerfing SA anyway.

3 Likes

The speed nerf also affects Storm Arrow though.

2 Likes

But it’s still just a projectile speed change. It’s something people can get used to. After that it’s not really any different from his current strength

1 Like

:smile: cool, this is what I’ve wanted for them to do forever. It should weed out the people who aren’t practiced on hanzo, lowering his floors yet keeping his ceiling high. When they reworked him initially it was so apparent how much better hanzo players were getting at landing shots in such a short amount of time

I’m going to be trash at him for quite a while though, I can tell that already. It took me forever to readjust the first time around. :frowning:

So you’re saying it wasn’t a nerf, just a revert…

And looks like Meis freeze duration is back to normal as well.

Wait really? Mei Freeze used to be 1 second? Is Overwatch just going around in circles now?

(If that’s true we really REALLY need new heroes. Like now.)

2 Likes

He’s a close to midrange hero.
Will this nerf even be noticeable?

(I like the nerf though.)

As someone who mained Hanzo before the arrow buff, I am genuinely happy for once. I’ve been asking for this for a while now, and while I know I didn’t make the change I’m actually happy with the outcome

When they buffed it the first time around it felt pretty noticeable. It stands to reason that will work both ways.

Considering people have this notion that Hanzo arrows are like hitscan(which is just dumb) on current live projectile speed. I guess knocking it down a notch will address that? He’s certainly going to be more unreliable at range than he was(and he already wasn’t all that great at that)

Thought this was just me

His rework came not too long after i started

As my first fps game I simply could not play Hanzo

He was too hard to consistently hit shots at most ranges

After his rework it was fantastic

Until like 18-25 meters

After that I literally miss shots on still targets because I can not figure out this new travel for the life of me. It’s like bullet drop. And I never have really been into a game that has had bullet drop

A half hitscan half projectile monstrosity it is…