Hanzo Hitbox to Big

Granted I do play on a godawful setup (it’s really bad). I’m sure when I re-new everything I’ll think differently. :thinking:

1 Like

Regardless Hanzo has to calculate for travel time and predict where Widow will strafe to. Widow on the other hand doesnt have to predict at all. Just clicking heads. She still will be uncontested being the best sniper in the game at long ranges.

1 Like

Nobody uses hanzo in OWL. If hanzo were easier pros would use him. Hanzo doesn’t have hitscan, or a scope.

This really was always the case, though. Even in his meh state, Hanzo out-performed Widow in these ranges unless she was really very good. The problem there was he couldn’t compete with characters like McCree and Soldier.

Yeah, which is why he competes more with McCree than he does with Widow. You dont or at least shouldnt play her at mid range anyways.

If everyone shared your level of scientific ignorance we would have died off a long time ago.

1 Like

Ah cute, you opened my profile to “discredit” me, instead of arguing subject. I think that speaks volume enough on its own.

1 Like

But youre more safe in long range and better escape than hanzo. Each time hanzo misses his shot in close/mid range cost him his life. Not to mention hanzo still can’t counter pharah as much as you.

I just want to prove my point. Arguing someone is easy to use while struggling to use them at the same time is contradictory, isnt it?

4 Likes

If you think the hitboxes are enormous on Overwatch, you would die of laughter at the enormous size of the hitboxes in Paladins.

Best Widow map is probably Junker town and Rialto seems to me also very Widow friendly. Especially on second point. There are some maps where she can use her range advantage really effectively.

What point? You’ve not addressed a single of my points, you just went straight to my profile and left it at that. I’ve not mentioned Hanzo, but wonky hitboxes in the game in general and how poorly programmed they are. You made an assumption and attacked person instead of my points. As said, that speaks volume enough as it is.

This thread is about Hanzos hitboxes being too big. And correct me if I’m wrong here, you argued even though that he has one of the smallest projectiles in game, that doesnt make them unforgiving to use.
I’m arguing against that.

acceptance is the first step to improvement

1 Like

And that’s where the assumptions come into play. Also you’re not arguing anything when all you can say is in regards of me. Stay on subject and leave person out of it. It’s rather simple, really.

Just making an exampel really. We can also go to overbuff. Hanzo averages at 24% weapon accuracy. Does that sound like a forgiving hero to use?

No you’re just attacking person, not making any examples. What I’ve said is that the hitboxes in this game are programmed in a wonky fashion, which you can see on a lot of heroes and not only hanzo’s projectiles. Doomfist, Reinhardt, hitscan heroes etc. The accuracy has nothing to say really in that department, I’m talking about the hitboxes here, not the accuracy.

I wasnt attacking you, just stating a fact about your performance.
Not to ridicule you, but to show that your perception on his hitboxes doesnt match with actual performance. Its like if i would feel offended by someone stating i have bad stats at Genji.

I mean, same thing as hanzo he still have to be precise about aim against tracer even worse when his storm arrow on CD.

He can’t do anything, he has to be able to predict her movement or he will miss, since his arrow can fall down. and has to full power, lower power his fire rate also low as his damage. Even with his storm arrow it will be like mccree situation but with 6 chances and 6 secs or so.

Widow got the scope, safe long range(Takes a while for the flanker to find), better escape, better fire rate, better hitbox…There’s a reason why widow always has more crit hits than Hanzo in every match. He’s fine as he is now, he still has to predict and aim also a mid range…

Erm, yes, in fact when you argue person and not subject, you’re attacking person. It has nothing to do with the discussion and serves no point other than an attempt on ridiculing.

It’s not a perception of hitboxes, they are rather wonky programmed and have been a subject of discussion many times. If you’ve been around gaming for some years, you’ve learned to see how they are programmed and function.