Hanzo has a weakness: His primary

cmon now he has a wall climb and a lunge lol hes mobile.

just add a double jump and call it a day.

1 Like

not even remotely close to true

Not only is it 120, it is 120 burst damage. So you don’t even need 2 full charge shots to kill tracer if you don’t got a damage boost. Or even any 200HP target, let alone headshots.

Been playing a lot of Hanzo lately, and while I go for headshots, the body shots are still crazy powerful.

1 Like

It was current forums actually

Yee, I think it was ages ago that they used to be logs

Projectile size isn’t as big a deal with hitboxes as large as they are.

3 Likes

No that is a silly statement. Projectile hitbox is addititve to the hero hitboxes. Larger projectile hitbox still has a massive effect on balance and difficulty to hit targets. It doesn’t even have to be projectile.

Take Sojourn. They doubled her Railgun hitbox and it made it massively easier to land shots.

2 Likes

Snipers shouldn’t have mobility or escape tools period, that’s an old design flaw from Blizzard.

3 Likes

Its worth pointing out however that hanzo doesnt have to “Reload” like these other heroes do. Sure hes got a charge time, but theres no extended “down time” beyond that.

What is ashes overall DPS for example when you factor in her reload time?

Hanzo also has the benefit of being able to walk around and knock an arrow pretty much indefinitely- allowing him to chunk away over half your health right away with a body shot at the onset of an engagement. Now sure itll take him 1.25~ seconds to full charge that next arrow, and the other heroes can lay out some serious damage in that time frame too: Its also worth pointing out that he doesnt need a full charged arrow to finish the fight- assuming he doesnt land a headshot and delete you right away off the bat.

Now, dont get me wrong. While I have my personal qualms with hanzo- i by no means feel hes “overpowered”, and am not going to insist or assert that here.

But i do feel stating something as broad as “his primary is his weakness” is a bit misleading. Sure it has its “down sides”, its also got some amazing upsides- and is overall, a very powerful primary weapon.

2 Likes

I’m gonna turn this around on you: If you’re judging a character danger level by how consistently they can damage and kill the biggest class with the biggest critspot, you really shouldn’t be talking about game balance.

Of course Hanzo hurts tanks really well; he was always a hard counter to tanks. How does he stack up with everyone else?

I’d argue that was a good design when he didn’t have an escape ability. If he messed up his scatter, his life was effectively forfeit.

But giving him anti-tank and an escape ability is a problem. (On top of canceling his movement penalty).

Especially since devs have effectively done nothing to counteract ranged oneshots in OW2.

Hanzo would need a lot more “glass” to justify that “glass cannon” hero design.

4 Likes

I mean I guess, except that is A HUGE THING GOING FOR IT
also spamzo lol

1 Like

I don’t agree. He’s just like every other sniper like character; he has great range, a panick option that temporarily guards against his weakness with a pretty high aim requirement, and escape options. The thing with Hanzo is that, despite having two, his escape options are garbage so that his damage can be high.

His leap and climb are both beaten with basic tracking. You just have to look at him while he’s doing this, and its just like he’s not using a two whole skills to save his life.

Haha, they actually did and people cried about it. Shields were the best way to counteract ranged oneshots; you can even see where the sniper is through the shield after they’ve taken a shot. The response was that people cried until shields were aggressively nerfed, so what can you do?

Not really. he’s plenty glass enough all things considered, people on this forum are just biased against him. If I’m being honest, I’ve stopped taking complaints against Hanzo serious when someone got mad at me for the fact that I was defending Hanzo. No, not anything I said in particular, just the fact that I wasn’t bandwagoning against him and saying “yeah, he does have weaknesses”.

Well you know they are gonna do something.

Dunno what yet, but that 200hp Widow buff was pretty weird. Given all the other indirect buffs Widow got.

Almost feels like they haven’t figured what nerfs they are gonna do, and want to intentionally build up some nerf bloodlust, and then take action.

Oh yeah. Players are just hating on Hanzo because of their personal mald. Anyone calling him overpowered at any point was just being a mald Andy lying out their teeth. He was ever only meta in Gravdragon meta that ended quickly when they nerfed it since it was being mirrored so often

Show us a clip of you hitting 5 straight storm arrows in 1.2 seconds. I’ll wait. It’s so easy even a baby could do it right? Apparently easier to do that than use Reaper’s primary kek

Imagine the copium needed to pretend hanzo isnt a giant overpowered crutch for bad players.

Those people giving you hard time for playing hanzo, they are right, you are wrong.

3 Likes

At close range, anybody above 50SR should be able to bodyshot a tank with 5 storm arrows.

1 Like

Or Soldier does with heal station or rein does with fire strike or … you get the point.

You can’t say a hero relies on it’s abilities as a crutch when that’s exactly what the abilities are there for.

Hanzo does a lot of damage. Even on a body shot.

You can’t judge hanzo based on damage per second as It’s not a gun he’s holding. It’s a bow. That fires individual shots.

None of which can delete a hero from any range with one shot.

Is that not the case in any scenario?

Neither ashe, ana nor widow are slowed when aiming or firing. ( I could be wrong but I don’t believe I am. )

This is the last one I’m going to quote because i’m just going to be a wall of text at this point.

Hanzo literally has widows ultimate on a cooldown. He can pre-meditate shots before even peeking.

2 Likes

Burst damage has value that goes beyond just his dps number. It punches through armor, it finishes off low health (actually over half health) targets even through healing, a single hit sends people off to healthpacks, he can peek in and out of cover with it, etc.
I think it’s a pretty massive reach to call his bow one of the worst guns in the game. I could say it’s a Pharah rocket launcher with no reload and faster projectiles that can also headshot. Don’t even @ me with Pharah’s pitiful splash damage either.

Are you talking about their hipfire modes? Why?
In any case, pretty sure OP is talking about when snipers scope in. And in Overwatch, those heroes you mentioned do in fact slow down when they do that.

4 Likes