Handicapping in comp

Performance based SR is kinda dumb for any tier.

1 Like

look at all the people proving my point. ONCE AGAIN

HIGH RANK PLAYERS CRIED THAT THEY HAD PERFORMANCE BASED SR AND WANTED IT REMOVED

THEN ONCE BLIZZARD COMPLIES THEY COME TO THREADS OF PEOPLE UNDER DIAMOND AND TELL THEM TO BASICALLY SHUT UP FOR WANTING THE GAME TO BE EQUAL ACROSS ALL RANKS

Stop being hypocrites! You want your cake and to eat it too and I think I am starting to understand why

Having your virtual trophy gets you a dopamine hit. Feeling superior to everyone else gets you a dopamine hit. You cry “oh blizzard this aint fair fix it for us best of the best players”

Then the rest of us go “hey thats a good idea lets remove it across all ranks so that we don’t pick up terrible habits that don’t work once you reach above diamond”

then you people say “no just get gud” LOL

to that I say how about You shut up instead? If you are so godly why do you cry to blizzard constantly? Just like my example about when reaper and mei were over buffed. You made fun of us until they started showing up in your games…then you cried “oh blizzard these heroes are too strong in my games please oh please nerf them”

Blizzard complies…but only because of your voices not ours that warned the moment that those buffs went live that they were too strong.

It reminds me of that episode of its always sunny in Philadelphia when they had the eagles tryouts. If you don’t know what I mean go watch that episode. You guys are the mac and dennis of that episode doing everything you can to make sure dee fails despite her being capable just for your ego’s.

The game should be the same across all ranks PERIOD! You want to instill the proper way to play the game from the start instead of this mess that we have now where under diamond you are spending hundreds upon hundreds of hours being taught a certain way of playing the game that doesn’t work once you get to diamond. The fastest way to see that example is bronze to GM challenges.

When they do those challenges they can’t even use their normal strats because they won’t work until they reach a certain rank during the challenge. Why? The P based SR system below diamond it pushing a narrative into your head telling you that you have to play a certain way. As you can see I am a sombra main. If you watch fitzy do the Bronze to GM challenge even though he has been top 500 several times he couldn’t use his normal strats until he reach about diamond.

Same with a famous lucio streamer that did the challenge. You can’t blame golds and plats for playing a specific way when they spend hundreds upon hundreds of hours of the game pushing the narrative that “you have to play this way…but only until you get to diamond then just focus on winning your games not outperforming everyone else that may or may not play the same role or same hero”

Comp should be about winning games no matter the rank PERIOD! either that or just go play 2 2 2 quickplay

and I can tell lots of these people didn’t even read anything since some are talking about blaming my team? This entire thread has been about Performance based SR not about being unable to rank or blaming a team for a loss. I get that reading is hard for some of you but don’t join a thread if you can’t read.

This is complete BS.
On a new account, yes, you may, because it hasn’t settled, and because you get more SR right after placement matches. But after that, you won’t.
I have watched enough T500 players in Gold-Plat to know what you say is wrong.
Kabaji will still get only 30-40 SR (with a few outliers higher) per win at lower levels.

1 Like

Performance based SR doesnt mean earning gold medals.

2 Likes

dude…idk how many times I have to write this out for people that you can tell haven’t read much.

Performance based SR pits you against people in your role or the hero you play. If your stats are better than other people that play your role or character you get more SR.

The way the game shows your stats is through, elims, damage, accuracy. Thats it! How does it show your elims and damage? Through the medal system. hence you chase the medals and take unnecessary risks to pad your stats. The game spends hundreds of hours pushing that playstyle into your head. I have seen lots of high level players never losing that mentality once they reach the ranks where peformance based SR no longer exists. So it feels like they are just throwing. BUt can you blame them if they spend hundreds of hours having that instilled into their head?

@Kaipurge, PBSR goes based off stats, not STRICTLY medals. It gives you more SR based on your stats, when compared to similar heroes of that rank. For example, Sombra or Mei would RARELY get a medal above bronze damage, yet they still gain normal amounts of SR. It is NOT a medal thing.

1 Like

answer the question how does the game show stats? because you know what I am saying is true. You get lots of elims? It shows it by medals. You get lots of hero damage? it shows it by medals.

The game shows stats through both numbers (stats) and medals. Please, tell me if I’ve said anything wrong, or if you misunderstood something.

1 Like

It’s almost like there are more stats than just the ones that exist within the medal system. Accuracy and deaths are two huge ones you’re completely ignoring and have no medal to speak of. Assists for supports, damage blocked for tanks, and other hero specific stats are all taken into account. It has never been a simple “I GOT THE MOST MEDALS SO I GET THE MOST SR”

What you’re saying is objectively false, there are several stats that have no medal associated with them that are also shown on stat screens.

1 Like

stat screens literally show average elims per match, heals per match, accuracy, objective kills and such. The same exact things that it shows when you go to your profile. The way that it is shown while in game is through medals. I think some of you have gotten so used to it not existing in higher ranks that you completely are out of touch of how it works in practice in ranks where it still exists.

And if it isn’t as big of a problem that I am making it why oh why did people above diamond cry and beg blizzard to remove it for them? Can you answer that question? I mean they are supposedly the best of the best right?

You’ve COMPLETELY missed my point, so I’ll make it again.

PBSR is based off character-specific stats, NOT medals.

If the game expects you to have 10000 damage on Junkrat, it does not penalize you for having 6000 on Sombra, like it would on Junkrat. Sombra is not a hero who will have a medal in obj time, and rarely have a medal in elims, obj kills, or damage. However, she still receives a decent amount of SR, since when those stats (which aren’t high enough to get medals) are decent compared to other Sombras at that rank.

Now that I’ve made the point again, is there any confusion?

1 Like

dude I literally main sombra. the most SR I get is about 30 most of the time. The only time I said I get less is when switching to someone that isn’t in my best 3 heroes to help the team win. Since there is performance based SR I will get about 5 SR for that win. Instead of what high rank players get just for winning games instead of trying to pad stats.

So why should I even switch if it will cost me SR? See the problem there? It causes one tricking. I don’t even mean maining a hero I mean completely 1 tricking.

Can you answer this question? Since you seem to think that all the stats are shown through medals. When’s the last time you got a gold medal for accuracy or death? Right you can’t because it’s not the case.

Just think for a minute about how it actually works. The game has never taken how your stats compare to your team into any major consideration, you can get gold medals in every possible stat but have the actual number in that stat be poor by comparison to other players at your rank on that hero.

Play well and get rewarded, play poorly (which by your complaining seems like what’s happening) and you drop more. It only compares you to people playing the same hero, so if you’re a gold Mei, it doesn’t matter if you get a damage medal or not since Mei does low damage per second, but you sure as hell should be able to keep up with a Mei of your rank.

Ok, so, did i say anything wrong?

1 Like

IT CARES ABOUT YOUR AVERAGE PER 10 ON THAT HERO COMPARED TO OTHER PLAYERS AT YOUR RANK ON THE SAME HERO!

You just will never realize that since you need a boogyman to blame/scream at.

2 Likes

No, the medal system compares you to the people in your game for a handful of specific properties. This has nothing to do with comparing you to your peers of the same SR across all matches for many attributes, including hidden ones.

You can have gold medals but still have played like a potato and been below average.

2 Likes

Or get no medals and perform well because you’re on a hero like Sombra, Mei, or Zen who won’t usually compete for gold medals. Same is true even for playing a hero like Junkrat or Torb who should compete for gold medals but still not getting gold medals because your team just did that well as a whole. All that matter is if you outperformed the other players at your rank on the same hero in an average per 10 of all hero relevant stats.

2 Likes

this is why these conversations break down. They end the same. You can’t control your freaking bias because that sweet sweet dopamine hit from your virtual “I am better than you lawl get gud” mentality while ignoring the fact that I keep making over and over and over

IF YOU THINK I AM MAKING A BIG DEAL ABOUT THIS THEN WHY THE HECK DID PEOPLE ABOVE DIAMOND CRY AND BEG BLIZZARD TO REMOVE IT FOR THEM?

THEY SAW THE ISSUE WITH HAVING IT JUST LIKE PEOPLE BELOW DIAMOND SEE THE PROBLEM THE ONLY FREAKING DIFFERENCE IS THAT YOU DON’T THINK WE SHOULD HAVE THE SAME OPINION FOR SOME ODD REASONING.

YOU PEOPLE ARE LITERALLY FRUSTRATING THE HECK OUT OF ME

WHO CREATES THESE CRAP METAS? HIGH RANKED PLAYERS…WHO THEN PROCEEDS TO CRY ABOUT THE METAS? THE HIGH RANKED PEOPLE THAT CONSTANTLY CREATE THEM…

WHO ISN’T ALLOWED TO ALSO BE ANNOYED WITH IT? US LOW RANK PLAYERS CAUSE WE SUCK LAWL

Diamond and above never had PBSR lmao. It wasnt ever removed. just never added

1 Like

DUDE THEY LITERALLY DID HAVE IT IT WAS IN EVERY RANK UNTIL BLIZZARD REMOVED IT FOR THE HIGHER RANKS. ARE YOU NEW TO THE GAME OR SOMETHING? OR NEVER REACH DEV STORIES? Seriously man the whole thing was about trying to stop one tricking people padding stats literally everyone even the people that disagreed with me in this 80 page thread have pointed out that yes it did exist but think I am over exaggerating why it should also be removed down here

1 Like