Halo MCC on PC/Steam "Will" Support Ultrawide

Just a quick reminder that one of the most popular and competitive shooters of all time will support Ultrawide monitors on PC but Overwatch still does not.

Thanks Blizzard :slight_smile:

2 Likes

But it’s a huge advantage over other players!

Meanwhile, monitors with a refresh rate above 60 give a much bigger advantage yet are still supported.

8 Likes

Omg one of the best casual multiplayer games and story trlling experiences will be seen in wider resolutions

But seriously, pretty sure a majority of halo players play the game casual and love the story more than amything else

Cannot imagine playing at that low of FPS. I would go mad.

1 Like

Imagine playing while missing 30% of your FOV :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Thankfully, since we never had it and the last fps that let’s mess with FOV that I cared about was Quake 3…it doesn’t apply to me.

Low Frames though literally makes me ill.

Gonna be real, ultrawide is a joke

Just like Overwatch lol

2 Likes

Players with a higher resolution or higher game settings has a huge advantage over other players. /s

Let’s be real here.
Ultra wide will give those player an advantage.

A higher refresh does make the game smoother, but it doesn’t exactly improve the gameplay. Ultra wide can due to being able to see more than others.

Im surprised they don’t just raise everyone’s delay on the server to have equal effective RTT pings with how ridiculous they are about equality between players.

Since they cap the size & fov because of gameplay advantage, they should also cap fps & refresh rates because of the same reasons

2 Likes

Was that the reason they gave…?

Meh, Halo is just silly. Jumping 10 feet in the air in power armor? Who does that?

It’s kinda like refresh rates in that once you see what 60 is, 30 is unwatchable (or presumably 240 v 60 for you). The first time I REALLY started paying attention to frame rates was when YouTube started doing 1080 60 and I actually started paying attention to settings and pared back settings to max out FPS.

One of the most effective tools for highlighting fov to people I’ve found is PC Skyrim. Even on a regular monitor when you change the fov to 100-110 (depending on stuff) everyone be like 0_0 cos you just see sooooooooo much more stuff.

Actually I just remembered a personal anecdote. One time I had a rather rare type of migraine where I lost vision in the left half of my left eye. Didn’t realise it first until I started bumping into stuff at work (at which point I thought I was having a stroke). Fortunately I was totally fine but my god, the difference in going to a normal fov (in this case normal sight lol) was crazy.

Maybe I play too much computer games and have other more serious problems than an odd migraine when I’m relating loss of vision to fov… :sweat_smile:

So basically you’re saying let me buy a wider monitor for a gameplay advantage, and a large one. People with crappy PCs are already disadvantaged enough.

So…how is this different than anything else in this world? I have a million dollars so I can afford nice cars and a fancy house? When 16:9 came out as the standard from 4:3 did you hear anyone crying about advantages…? No people just enjoyed the freaking games with the hardware they had.

Yeah, but they’re always supported it. If they went ultrawide now I’d be angry because I spent a lot of money on a high refresh normal ratio display and it would now be a bad choice.

Why not enjoy both? The ultrawide I have is the best you can get (or was not sure anymore in 2019) but it’s 144hz Gsync 3440,1440res

Well, I’d have to spend another $500 or so, and then I’d have three monitors. Or maybe even more money? Ultra widescreen 144 hz. gsync with decent display quality and size isn’t going to be cheap.

Also, I don’t actually like ultra widescreen. I’ve always favored taller aspect ratios and didn’t even want to go to 16:9.