Hack should stop Echo's floating too

She has some inconsistent interactions with other hero abilities right now. Hopefully this one will be fixed in the future. No telling when though. The current situation coupled with the usual glacial pace of fixes make that a hard call.

2 Likes

I thought it was more like D.va boosters which does indeed get cancelled by hack. D.va can still use other abilities and shoot while flying as well.

1 Like

Its more of free flyight with echo that the boosters, but could be similiar thing with her just pushing foward. Who knows, still with echo you basicialy have movement of mercy ult for short time tbh.

I still don’t think free fly should be exempt from the rules of hack. It isn’t even an Ult like mercy fly

4 Likes

I mean, yea i agree it should not, but still it could be there simply because when you copy and paste code it worked like that, so it stay like it. Similiar goes with heroes who had similiar abilites having similiar bugs in past (rein and doom charge had same bug with not destroying any object normaly would break)

You have the answer here.

1 Like

She can still use her fly while hacked even tho Pharah falls when she gets hacked and mercy falls while hacked during GA. I get that the flight is more like Valkyrie but she should be hacked out of glide. Wow… Echo is overpowered… kinda just really realized that.

3 Likes

Pretty sure it does stop her float. It works like Mercy’s own float as it requires a button press. Either it’s a bug or you’re mistaken.

It doesn’t, I agree it should though.

3 Likes

I agree. I didn’t even know about this. I assumed she’d lose her flight passive just like every other flying hero that gets hacked. It makes no sense that she keeps it.

1 Like

I think she falls like a rock when gliding? Echos air phase can be summed in 3 stages,

• initial boost into the air(unhackable)
  • flight (unhackable)
  • gliding (hackable).

They made Echo the exception to a lot of rules, apparently. It’s ridiculous.

7 Likes

It’s pretty unfair I, as Pharah, plummet to the ground when hacked but Echo doesn’t…

Just yet another way Echo outclasses Pharah

2 Likes

Y’all should be more specific when talking about “Echo’s Float” because there are two distinctions with this word.

1. Glide, passive, requires a button press, and is hacked.
  2. The duration based segment of Flight, which is similar to Mercy in Valkyrie, and does not get hacked. This is also intentional, as stated by Jeff.

#1 is the topic at hand if I’m reading it correctly, and that is also not disabled with hack for some reason.

See her wings, its like a hang glider. Nothing to hack. So it just allows her to glide down. Pretty simple and logical.

Does hacking Torbjorn during his overload break him out of that?

Edit: I just reread and her passive definitely should be canceled.

Actually in my mind’s eye Echo’s Flight feels a lot more similar to D.Va’s jet booster than anything. Fast mobility, can be self canceled early, cooldown based.

The Glide passive is what OP is referring to anyway, which is separate from Flight.

1 Like

Make hack not stop any passive/non-ability and it’ll all be solved :slight_smile:

Jeff already said this was intended and I agree with him.

Hack prevents you from USING an ability. Floating isn’t an ability on your E, Q or SHIFT keys.