šŸ›° Goodman talks about Nerfs and Buffs (Updated with New Video(s) about this Topic. Ironic?)

Because if they make that decision based upon balance only (which seems to be the case being the convenient failure to mention any other factors, including the ones given for the rework in the first place), then it means we need to scream louder because they are somehow oblivious.

If they are intentionally ignoring the feedback and downright refusing to consider it, then they should at least have the balls to say that.

We arenā€™t getting interaction from the developers. They are talking about what they want to talk about because either they know nothing else, or they know that they canā€™t handle the hard subjects. Iā€™d like to know which it is.

30 Likes

my point exactly!!!

1 Like

The problem with that though is no high skill Reaper player uses shadowstep for that. The correct way to play reaper is to stay with your team, not to run off and be Rambo. Current version of shadowstep is actually counter productive to playing Reaper correctly.

Besides that though shadowstep is barely used at all diamond and above. The current best use for it is to get back from spawn quicker.

Not to mention all the issues with the targeting of it being really wonky, particularly on fences and such.

Its also the only true out of combat ability in the game, with the longest cast time in the game.

The current version of shadowstep just doesnā€™t work

16 Likes

What does it change. I mean what do you want them to say Exactly.

I mean if they say,

ā€œWe read the Titaniumā€™s Mercy threads and understand that some Mercy players think she is less fun however we feel she is in a better spot for the community as whole now so we are not changing her current versionā€

Does it change anything anything

1 Like

Three letters. OWL.

3 Likes

Nine or ten, actually. There were 7 or so on the old forums.

I havenā€™t played Mercy in a year and 3 months. Still havenā€™t thrown in the towel on this though. Donā€™t plan to for a while.

Maybe Iā€™ll stick around long enough to watch the developers slowly kill this game with their poor decisions. Itā€™s been heading in that direction for a while.

13 Likes

While I donā€™t disagree, I donā€™t think the Overwatch team is entirely to blame.

Someone high up on the corporate blizzard ladder (could be Activision) has been telling them to ā€œCut costs wherever possibleā€ and focus on mobile games and the Esports scene. Meaning an overall dryness of content and drought of lore.

If anyone itā€™s to blame, itā€™s the people in charge of budgeting.

1 Like

Pretty sure they just said they are happy with where Mercy is. I wouldnā€™t expect any changes.

Not saying I agree with them. I disagree with most balance changes but Mercy has been in need of more work for a while IMO.

Sad to hear they dont seem to care very much.

3 Likes

My main issue with Shadow Step is how frustrating it can be to try to use when a railing is in the way, especially when itā€™s above you. The targeting indicator ā€œflickersā€ between multiple positions as it struggles to find purchase on the very edge of a railing.

Would it be possible to co-opt the invisible targets that Widowmaker uses for her Grappling Hook, so that Reaperā€™s Shadow Step targeting can be a bit smarter in knowing that you want to get up ONTO the ledge, not onto the ground below it? I know that each map is dotted with hundreds of tiny grapple points for Widowmaker to target, and the ones near ledges specify that she rappels up onto the ledge when she reaches it. Maybe Reaperā€™s Shadow Step targeting could look for those nearby and go ā€œOh, thereā€™s a ledge hereā€, and put you on that ledge (and beyond the railing).

3 Likes

While plausible, these bad decisions have been happening for a very long time. To my knowledge, Bastion got his rework before Activision really started sticking their fingers in the pot.

7 Likes

Why would they answer a person like this??

They have GIVEN you the answer. You are just choose to ignoring it. We are not changing her is the answer, not sure why you need it spelled out for you.

Additionally, fun is VERY subjective so it not the best thing to talk about cause their are MANY different view points on the topic for each hero.

Example I love Tracer but lots of people Hate her that why they make lots of different heroes so you can find one you like.

9 Likes

Activision has been merged with them since 2008, for all we know they could have started off small, then planted their tree of control in the recent years.

Iā€™ve heard rumors of them slowly booting off CFOs from Blizzard to replace them with Acti-CFOs, Blizzard as of right now only has a President as well, no CEO.

Their corruption is like a tree to me, it begins as a sapling, then blossoms into something much larger.

6 Likes

i sure hope you donā€™t remove it completely. i think its a really interesting part of his kit but its kind of wasted potential. i think a buff to its speed would be great.

but im still going to give you my opinion of her anywayā€¦and expect to be listened toā€¦

2 Likes

Blizzardā€™s CEO/Co-founder retired this year so without him keep Blizzard Values they are probably going to change real fast.

1 Like

Also, Activision has gotten a lot worse in recent years.

Theyā€™re so greedy that it actually comes right around and bites them. They used to be smarter than that, just a few years ago.

I used to call them ā€œlike EA, but competentā€. These days, itā€™s just ā€œlike EAā€.

7 Likes

Theyā€™re borderline worse than Bethesda (with the new $276 ā€œleatherā€ Fallout jacket Iā€™m having a hard time deciding :sweat_smile: )

Didnt Activision just sell an open dot reticle for $1 and a smiley face reticle for $2 on Call of Duty? Pretty scummy.

7 Likes

I wish they would just come out and say they donā€™t care about Symmetra (and Reaper and Bastion and Torbjorn and other off meta heroes) so I can stop trying to make headway on something that will bring me nothing but literal physical pain (btw thanks ptb who decided to gut Symā€™s accessibility and toss disabled players out the door!) and frustration from all the totally not nice or fair toxicity garnered towards off meta (but especially uniquely Symmetra.)

5 Likes

They said that Bastion/Reaper/Symm are tough ones to balance, and if you buff them out of their niche they will be too powerful.

So what I draw from that is: they canā€™t buff them properly unless they do a full-scale rework for them to fulfill a completely different role.

3 Likes

If they just do something good to mercy, iā€™m sure they can quell about 50% of total salt here. But what am i expecting.

Already lost hope for a better overwatch in the future at this point.

1 Like