Good god this game is ruined

This whole movement sprouted from the interview with Jayne and Surefour and others, 2-2-2, hero ban…it wasn’t some low elo player asking for it then.
It isn’t my job to find stuff for you on the internet.

I think a big problem is that it was opt-in. Features like LFG need to be opt-out by default.

The options are just that - options. Blaming the LFG function for bad leaders isn’t acceptable as a reason. And how many 6 stacks do you meet that arent random?

To be honest I prefer a fixed 2-2-2 to any diluted version of it that anyone has proposed so far. Every attempt to ‘soften’ it that I have seen is flawed, and loses at least some of the benefit of 2-2-2, often without good reason.

2 Likes

Thing is I liked when it was originally put in League of Legends

Got any specific flaws in mind with this implementation?

✅ [Role Select] Finalizing this concept
✅ [Account Merging] Better than RoleBasedSR

Way I see it, it accomplishes everything 2-2-2 does, without horrible DPS queue times, and without eliminating every other composition.
And if you got a damage focused Tank/Healer, you can deal with it.

Assuming that is almost as toxic imo.
Noone is toxic in every circumstances, it’s basic logic. People that you dislike in your daily life are probably the most enjoyable people when surrounded by people they love.
I’m not toxic in game. Just when I’m talking with idiots.
Type “Ultimate attribution error” on Google so maybe you’ll have learnt something today.

One of the key benefits of 2-2-2 is that it will provide a platform for the developers to balance the game without concerning themselves with the effects of skill stacking.

Additionally, limiting number of characters in a role will allow the creation of more shield tanks, more AOE healers etc.

You lose those benefits the second you allow 3 characters in the same role.

3 Likes

So just put a 2 Healer Limit on OWL games, and a 2 AnchorTank Limit on future games.

Otherwise triple stacking isn’t a problem.

And heck, this is better than 2-2-2 because it doesn’t require rebalancing the entire game

1 Like

Screw that. I love their Lego sets. We need more of them.

1 Like

Catering to streamers was a major part of what made the game go downhill in the first place. Cutting that out may do WONDERS for the general population’s enjoyment of the game.

I think Blizz have that in mind and won’t release any new basic anchor tanks like Reinhardt and Orisa.
Blocking roles is easy, blocking that kind of arbitrary things is not.

So you end up with two shield tanks and another tank, plus two aoe healers and another healer. The effect is the same.

Additionally, 222 is the only formation that gives equal weight to each class, treating each as equally important.

It’s important for the development philosophy that this is the case.

3 Likes

No it’s not :slight_smile:
Different roles balance differently.

That could mean a lot of things, and you could be talking about currently or under a 222.

In short, I don’t know what you mean.

2 Likes

I figure blocking 3AnchorTank is even easier than blocking roles, because of how infrequently people would encounter it.

Players can’t complain about features they don’t even know exist.

Well I think if you release a third heavy shielded tank, it won’t be so much rarely used.
Imagine the defensive power of a 3 shields bunker comp. Dreadful.

If we were to balance roles with role limits. I figure 3DPS-4Tank-2Heal per 6 player team would balance really well.

Which kinda shows how classes have different stacking capabilities.

Getting one anchor tank can sometimes feel like pulling teeth. And I usually notice if I run double anchor tank to deal with Widow, that they other tank usually switches.
So you’d need not only that, but also a third AnchorTank.

Once you lock any particular formation however, not just 222, it becomes a significantly simpler task to balance the power of each role to fit that format.

The issue at present is that you might have any combination of the three classes. It’s extremely difficult to balance for that.

2 Likes