Go back to 1 tank

“Game now isn’t perfect so go back to something we already know nobody likes”

brilliant

2 Likes

I feel the same way, I was at a crossroad. Give up being a dps one trick, or quit the game. The rest is history, just ask my teammates how great of a flex player I am, they are amazed at the lack heals as I instalock Zen, but not nearly as riveted as when I break the record for least time spent in mech as a Zarya benches me. My teammates are surely so glad I stuck around instead of going back to Call of Duty! Right guys?

1 Like

:clap:

The hero we don’t deserve!

(But for real, if you’re getting kills on Zen I’ll overlook lack of healing…)

1 Like

i don’t see a point in 1-2-2. you have an extra slot and dps queues are long, add another dps? it’d be dumb to not do that. 5v5 truly sounds dumb to me. I hope if they switch things up it’ll be 1-3-2.

2 less players needed to start a game means faster/easier matchmaker, particularly when it’s tanks.

Also gives focus fire a nerf since there’s 1 less damage source in the game.

Yeah… because tank players want to get shredded even harder. The only thing they would do with a change like this would finally make 70-80% of the tank players quite the game, so with precious 3 DPS you woild wait even longer in Q

2 Likes

oh yes because tank mains having to solo tank is going to make things so much better :stuck_out_tongue:

100% this, the main issue overwatch has in terms of long matches is finding people willing to tank, i think losing 80% of those people will improve queue times for the golden children :stuck_out_tongue:

In 2-2-2, I’m mostly a Tank player.

In 1-3-2, I’m a Sombra one-trick. It’s so easy. Hack the Tank for easy wins, every time. It’s such an obvious strategy that I’m pretty sure Sombra would be hard-meta until she’s reworked. And I’m pretty sure a lot of, if not most Tank players would switch away from the role, too. If not immediately, then they would after a few weeks of being hacked for 50% of every single game.

In the long run, 1-3-2 does not fix queue times. It’s a foolish, shortsighted experiment from developers who frankly, should’ve known better. Those that think it’s a good idea clearly aren’t thinking it through well enough or have far more faith in the developers’ ability to balance the game quickly and effectively than they deserve.

1-2-2 doesn’t have this problem (at least not to the same extent). When you only have 2 damage slots, you have to decide if it’s worth giving up the damage-dealing capacity of one of your Damage heroes for the utility of Hack. It isn’t the complete no-brainer like it is in 1-3-2.

1 Like

Also makes it a lot easier to buff tanks, without worrying about stacking them.

Yeah, Tanks in 1-2-2 would need near total immunity to CC and status effects.

I dont think they are boring. Even in their strongest states people played way more DPS then tank.

Open Queue is all yours.

1 Like

Might be true but the tanks and other roles are also getting changed and it may be that they won’t be too reliant on the tank in general anymore, easing off that pressure. Rein looked pretty tough with some of the modifications in the OW2 trailer, granted he seems to have lost shield health. So, it seems that rather than simply shielding chokes and moving with the team through positions, you might have to just rush down more often into the fight, a general brawler. But some players don’t like the death-match style fighting so they might still feel put off by that.

I personally think that making all tanks simply be Fat Dps with extremely limited defensive capabilities isn’t the way to go.

I understand the appeasement angle and the dps appeal which drives that philosophy, but I still hate it.

1 Like

The problem with 1 tank is they’ll need a larger power budget than a single support or DPS which will result in the community whining that they are overpowered when they can’t just explode the main tank 3 seconds after he peeks around a corner.

Tanks are in the situation they are now because when they can do their jobs people cry about their kills being denied or ‘waaaaah I have to shoot at a shield’

3 Likes

I think you’re missing the point.

A tank that is an “actual tank” is too vague. What’s an “actual tank” for you? Rein and Hog are in the tank roster and many people would consider Rein an “actual tank”, but Hog not. Will they make Hog more like Rein? No, they just indicated at Blizzconline that they are gonna make Rein more like Hog.

If they do go the solo tank route, I feel bad for everyone else, because I am not playing shield tank. Good luck the rest of my team, I hope you can keep up.

1 Like

Don’t be shy play tank :slight_smile:

Good, shield tanks will be generally bad in 1-2-2, aggro tanks and dive tanks will be supreme

Hence why they are changing Rein to have a WEAK shield, good charge, and double firestrikes for that

So PLEASE go ahead and play a non shield tank :slight_smile: