Go back to 1 tank

Queue times for dps are over 10 mins…No one wants to play tank because they are underpowered and boring…

GO BACK TO 1 TANK - 3 dps - 2 heals

3 Likes

Too death-matchy, I don’t think people gave positive feedback at that time because of that.

20 Likes

And the feedback now is good? I think it’s much easier to balance when there is 1 tank who is an actual tank

1 Like

Theres speculation that OW2 will change the game to a 5v5, 1-2-2 comp

6 Likes

Actually, the biggest problem is tank responsibility. A tank has more responsibility than other roles do because they’re the ones that can go forward and create the space. You have to play around them as dps/support. They dictate the pace.

2 Likes

No. This sucked. 3 dps has always felt bad, but it would be worse now with lower tank stats and higher damage being thrown around.

There’s a rumor that Overwatch 2 will be 5 v 5 with just 1 tank. That would be infinitely better than going to 3 dps. They’d still need to beef up the tanks a bit, but not quite as much.

2 Likes

Then play tank. Fast games.

16 Likes

Having 1 tank prioritizes the responsibility…tanks queue now because they know there’s another and they wont have to actually tank.

I honestly don’t see the downside to having one tank. Dps get happy to have another slot with less queue times…and tanks are happy with being able to actually be a tank

Never played solo tank? I did solo main tank before role queue, it’s not nearly as fun as you don’t make it out to be.

10 Likes

Are you talking solo tank now? or solo tank during the 1 - 3 - 2 phase…cause during the 1 tank phase it was way more fun

No
judging by the fact your asking for this your a dps player
which means you probably dont understand tank synnergy
so no

11 Likes

My main is actually Anna… and I play plenty of tank. I mean I don’t see how it isn’t obvious that there is a problem.

Nah, Overwatch is fine.
If you want to play dps, just wait the queues, I don’t want 3 dps on my team :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Id like to see that.
Problem is I think that it will still have the same opinions as 132, with people not liking the additional pressure etc.

Frankly, as someone who plays a lot of tank, I recommend people get over that

Good tanking is so rare it’s gross

The speculation for 1-2-2 in OW2 is purely from the playerbase, and quite frankly, sounds awful for the tank player.

6 Likes

Same with main healers.
I feel like the only time i ever win is when I play main-support, if I have someone else do it I cant go 3 seconds doing my thing without turning around and seeing my entire team dead because the main healer wasn’t fulfilling their role good enough. I often get gold heals as Lucio VS a Bap while not even healbotting

I don’t know, I think it could be a good thing overall.

With one less damage source in play, TTK goes up, less stress on supports for quick engagements and more focus on using utility to make plays instead of just healing, Dive would instantly be back, no need to balance tanks any more for synergy (which was why both Orisa and Sigma have been dumpstered), I think it could work out.

People were saying the same about 222. And here we are.

1 Like

Yawn

Get a new complaint people. Just because you personally don’t like something, doesn’t mean it’s boring.

And as someone else already mentioned - we all know your real problem with tanking is that you have more responsibility on your shoulders and it’s suupper obvious when you screw up. Just stick to your boring dps and/or support.

3 Likes