People all over the entire globe are having struggles with their ISPs. The ISPs designed networks to handle less people, but with everyone at home during quarantine, it’s pushing these networks to their limits/breaking points. Most recent network tests posted on the forums are demonstrating issues within ISP networks, long before connections reach the Blizzard peers or servers.
Unfortunately, penalties are final, and the staff will not reverse them (more info here). If you are having continued disconnections, don’t queue for modes that will result in harsh leaver penalties (play quick play or against bots) until the connection issues are resolved.
Finally, all connection-related threads should include a WinMTR for troubleshooting. Please add one here and I’ll look it over.
Click here to show/hide WinMTR instructions
Players in the Americas and Oceania regions: Follow the Blizzard support documentation for WinMTR.
- Make sure your issue is caught in the test or you run it for at least 5 minutes.
- Players on EU servers: please follow the same directions, except you’ll want to post results in the EU Tech Support forum.
Share your results in a reply:
- Click the “Copy Text to clipboard” button after you’ve finished the test.
- Paste the text in a reply, highlight it, then click </> on the post editor.
- If you can’t post links, add spaces before .com/.net/.us/.au, etc., which will break the link and allow you to post.
Please do not remove full hostnames from the test instead of “breaking the links” with spaces, as this makes troubleshooting much more difficult.