Glitch Penalty and Suspension

I am experiencing an issuing joining Competitive matchmaking queue. I select Find Group, it begins Searching, and removes me from queue before a Match is found. The message “Unable to rejoin match as it had come to an end” is in red text. This has occurred 3 times since last night, resulting in 150 SR penalty and a now 20-hour suspension.

I have confirmed it is not my connection or my ISP and as I understand other users have experienced this.

People all over the entire globe are having struggles with their ISPs. The ISPs designed networks to handle less people, but with everyone at home during quarantine, it’s pushing these networks to their limits/breaking points. Most recent network tests posted on the forums are demonstrating issues within ISP networks, long before connections reach the Blizzard peers or servers.

Unfortunately, penalties are final, and the staff will not reverse them (more info here). If you are having continued disconnections, don’t queue for modes that will result in harsh leaver penalties (play quick play or against bots) until the connection issues are resolved.

Finally, all connection-related threads should include a WinMTR for troubleshooting. Please add one here and I’ll look it over.

Click here to show/hide WinMTR instructions

Players in the Americas and Oceania regions: Follow the Blizzard support documentation for WinMTR.

• Make sure your issue is caught in the test or you run it for at least 5 minutes.
  • Players on EU servers: please follow the same directions, except you’ll want to post results in the EU Tech Support forum.

Share your results in a reply:

1. Click the “Copy Text to clipboard” button after you’ve finished the test.
  2. Paste the text in a reply, highlight it, then click </> on the post editor.
  3. If you can’t post links, add spaces before .com/.net/.us/.au, etc., which will break the link and allow you to post.

Please do not remove full hostnames from the test instead of “breaking the links” with spaces, as this makes troubleshooting much more difficult.

Hi Nicole,

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I am less concerned with the SR loss than I am these escalating suspensions. It went from 10 minutes, to 2 hours, to 20 hours. I am very concerned that if it continues I may become banned through no fault of my own. I can assure you, These disconnections are nothing on my or my ISP’s end.

I am obtaining the information for you to Troubleshoot but has the Team considered temporary removing suspensions during this period of surging traffic and increased disconnectivity issues?

None of the Overwatch servers in the Americas or Oceania are reporting outages or issues at this time. These will be posted to the BlizzardCS Twitter account that has alerts for these regions.

I have no idea because I don’t work for Blizzard and am not privy to any game changes they might be considering.

Could this pertain to the DDOS attacks perhaps?

There are no DDoS attacks being reported on any of the Blizzard servers, in any of their regions.

Blizzard did confirm at Twitter on April 13th, 11pm that there was a DDoS attack on their service providers that was affecting latency and connections to servers.

It’s been reported that these attacks have subsided, but I still recommend caution. I don’t know why Nicole callously rebuked your concerns about the DDoS attack, but I think it’s important that we should all listen to other users’ concerns and take them seriously before writing a response. That way, we fact check the info users provide, and don’t just brush off people’s concerns by stating misinformation.

No doubt, check your bloody facts before commenting.

Thanks for you help (or lack thereof)

Good day

1 Like

A few hours before this thread was created, Blizz said attacks had ended and they recommended local troubleshooting steps if anyone was still experiencing issues. I followed their lead and suggested a troubleshooting tool in my first reply (WinMTR).

There was no intended brush-off and I relayed the takeaway from an official statement (no current attacks). I have confidence in their network monitors and do not believe that I relayed any misinformation.

@Blackhawk: Hopefully your issues have subsided, but if not, you can still add a WinMTR test here.