Give Mercy Invulnerability?

Doesnt this seem a bit contradictory?

2 Likes

This sounds like a pretty bad idea.

1 Like

Just because I dont like holding right click doesnt mean I dont enjoy damage boosting, GA + super jump & resurrect. Like I said; most of my love for mercy comes from her model build and her lore.

How can you say you don’t like holding RMB but like damage boosting? I really don’t get how that works. LMB and RMB is basically her kit and you don’t like holding them.

I don’t think this is a good idea for Mercy. Imo there’s other smaller things id change about her. Adding a third ability would be too much.

1 Like

I understand that. I currently really love her but have several ideas to make her more fun/engaging and not too strong.

Ideally, I’d have them:

Reduce Valkyrie to 10-12 seconds
Increase her GA speed by 25% during it
Main beam heals 80 HPS, chains heal 50 HPS
Unleashes an AoE burst of 100 healing upon activation

These changes would make her more fast paced, bursty, and impactful. Shaving off 5 seconds of duration would be the trade off.

Or they could do something like:
Ressurect can be used on a living ally to heal them to full health, sets it on a 15 second cooldown instead of 30.

Or

Pressing R/reload while your staff is out temporarily boosts her healing output from 55 to 75 for 4 seconds. Has a cooldown of 10 seconds.

Or

Mercy gains a new passive called “Critical Care” which

• Increases her GA speed by 35% when flying to a critical health teammate
  • Increases her healing by 25% when healing a critical health teammate

to give her better life saving potential.

There’s a lot of changes which would make her much more unique, interesting, impactful, whatever you want to call it. But you have to make sure they don’t lack counterplay/etc.

I see where you are coming from completely, trust me.

Yeah, I get that 100%! In fact I even used that same word “oomph” when I asked Geoff to give her some sort of healing boost ability xD

But that was two months ago, kind of sad we haven’t seen any sort of changes to her, not even the damage boost buffs he wanted to implement. Guess we will just have to wait and see, I guess!

2 Likes

I love those ideas! Especially the one where you can use Resurrect to restore a living allies health. Thats really cool, tbh.

Given the very large number of players who are happy with her current state, I would say that those who are unhappy should (as any reasonable player who doesnt enjoy playing a given character) find other characters to play from the over 2 dozen available, or play other games

Those who have been unable to move on dont need the changes, they rather want them

You want to discuss forum rulebreaking as an argument for making changes to this character?

anyone can tweet some letters with a hashtag, including toxic entitled metubers

There have been thousands of posts, but not thousands of threads

and

within said threads, many thousands of the posts are pro-mercy, rather than decrying mercy’s state and demanding uneeded changes

again, many thousands of posts within said thread are pro-Mercy

3 Likes

please provide me with numbers. you are claiming majority of the mercy community is happy w her rework / her current state. since you believe that you speak for that majority, id like some concrete evidence.

1 Like

None of these sound terrible but people already have the stigma that Valk is a spectator cam would this really fix that issue?

I do not like this one as much but that’s because I am not the biggest fan of Res in any capacity.

I will agree that I think a flaw with Mercy is that compared to other supports she has no burst potential in a game where burst damage is king.

Now would this healing buff go away the moment said player is no longer critical? I assume it would but have to ask.

1 Like

-You are comparing DPS to support
-His sprint isn’t comparable to GA.

why not? soldier has gotten away so many times and has escaped near death so many times because of this ability that isnt even on a cool down. arent u gonna address the self heal, high damage, aim bot, and near one shot helix rockets as well or is it just the sprint…?

#DeleteBrig

She used to have that, and that only got her a terrible mess of a rework that the devs are too incompetent (maybe also lazy) to fix. Plus Baptiste is already annoying enough with his ability to make an entire team invulnerable, do you really want to add MORE invulnerabilities into the game? Screw that noise, the game’s enough of a mess as-is.

2 Likes

Or oooooor hear me out. We leave valk as is and give her back 60 non valk healing. Omg what a novel idea. Good job me

1 Like

So this is how out of touch some of the Mercy mains…

It remind me the dark time of the prime Moth meta.

1 Like

This is what broke her in the first place, and it rewarded god awful mercys doing brainless plays. It should NEVER come back in any capacity.

1 Like

Nah, i’m good luv, enjoy.

using the term selected in the statement quoted above, then, what then are the needs of the many many players who currently enjoy playing Mercy in her current state?

Is the unhappy group, who is (as all players are) only guarenteed access to the game and the characters within the game as Blizzard defines them to be, more important than the group currently happy with Mercy?

I am well aware of the existence of every character in the game, as well as the role they occupy

The purchase of a game license gives one access to the game and to characters as Blizzard defines them to be. If a player doesnt enjoy playing character x, they have their choice of 2 dozen other characters to choose from. Blizzard doesn’t say “you can only play support” or “you can only play main healer” - a player can choose any character in any role in any game in the standard games (ie not LFG necessarily, not Mystery heroes, and so forth). If a player chooses to not Play Mercy, the other characters are (if not yet selected) fully available

I’ve made that effort: The Dodo Compromise Mercy Rework v2

False, what broke Mercy was the Mass Res + Invul combo. Prior to invul being added she was a troll pick. Without Mass Res I see invul as no issue as Mass Res and Invul go hand in hand together, coexisting with the other is what made it OP. Take out Mass Res, its not OP anymore just like she was prior to invul.