Give Mercy a R ability

If Valk is trash how does removing 5 seconds for a very strong 8 second cooldown work

Edit: here’s the thing: mercy does not need to cram burst healing in her kit.

11 Likes

I mean the whole tradeoff with Mercy is that her healing is
super consistent but not bursty,and I really dont like the idea of making her healing less consistent

She really doesn’t, if they want her to be known as the consistent healer, that is fine, but it is sh***y when she is consistently bad. She doesn’t even that much adjustments to be put in good spot either.

You do realize that the reload is R right?

No offense but this just seems poorly thought, not even good idea.

1 Like

The idea is not that good but R was used while reworking Hanzo because Hanzo doesnt reload,ended up getting scrapped but if the key is free why not

1 Like

You do realize that Mercy doesn’t reload, right? Her staff has no ammo source, she doesn’t use the R key unless her pistol is out.

I mean I suggested this to Geoff Goodman in a forum thread a few months ago and he literally said "

"

This is for the OP also, Geoff said the idea is “certainly possible” when I asked “Or also, would you ever consider giving her an ability on her Reload button for her staff which temporarily boosts her healing output?”

Mercy isn’t bad. She’s off-meta and miss Ana Banana is OP. Compare Mercy to D.Va. That’s a hero that’s not just off-meta.

2 Likes

No, Mercy doesnt fit 2-2-2. She should be shinning in double barrier since she is the only real healer that can heal through barriers, but she isn’t. The nerfs geared her to be an amazing support in a team that had more than 2 DPS, but now thats gone; she is sort of in a limbo state. Her abilities aren’t suited for a off-healer and she’s a poor main healer because she cant keep up two tanks. Then you run into the problem when you have a Mercy and Moira (for example) where you have to “main” supports starving over ult charge.

3 Likes

If anything Mercy shines in dive comps,you cant get any use out of GA if everyone is in a constant group hug

1 Like

i would go primate feces if I got 1deag’d by a flying Mercy trickshot.

2 Likes

Interesting enough, Zen and Lucio dominated dive. Sure she was used but the goal of dive was to get in and out as fast as possible, with discord and speed boost being major factors to that.

1 Like

True,never said she was the best choice though,just that she fits the comp better.Zen just takes her role to amp dmg,Id rather have 6 people deal more dmg to 1 person than 1 person dealing more dmg to 6 people

1 Like

I’d take that. Get rid of the stupid Mateo bubble blaster and let me dual wield staff and deagle or a MAC-10.

Mercy automatically regens health after not taking damage a few seconds, and is one of the most mobile heros, with the easiest to use healing, she doesn’t need buffs to her survivability

1 Like

Uh let’s bind it to a key that isn’t reload that my hand can easily reach.

Just name the ability healing overload so that makes sense to bind it on the R key.

I don’t think it works like that anymore, Brig is an off healer and she has an even worse defensive ult than Moira. :man_shrugging:

Brig is the anomaly. :3

Albeit, imo, Brig’s ultimate sustains way better than Mercy’s ultimate. Like, it can keep people alive way better than Mercy’s Valk. But I get your point. Tbh, I just hate Valkyrie. :man_shrugging:t4:

So how would she reload her pistol if R is taken?

Assuming R is not a staff only ability.