GIVE MERCY 60hps AGAIN!

40 would genuinely dumpster mercy. Let’s not do that.

5 Likes

You have it backwards. Double sniper became meta because it they could one shot thru mercy heals. The other part of the meta was hog another one shot instead of an off healer because they realized you didn’t actually need one

I think we can bring her down to 30hps

I used to main Mercy, she got me to diamond on console. I don’t think that she should have 60 hps, as that made her pretty much a must-pick. I do think that 55 hps would be good. I have seen it suggested multiple times and I wonder why its never been tried.

No, because winston exists. Buff winstons damage or keep Mercy the same. She’s fine either way I played her the other day.

60hps might make her the best support again. I rather them buff Valk.

Increasing her main beam’s HPs will not help the deeply rooted design issues Mercy has.

I mean… we had Mercy as she is now with 60 healing all around. She was still incredibly uninteresting and was kind of OP to boot.

She needs more than just monkying with numbers will give. Something like this rework perhaps.

1 Like

Jayne has said that Valkyrie is one of the very best ultimates in the game

As far as I know, Pros have no reason to care how an ult “feels”…they only care about its ability relative to others to help them win, since their jobs depending on then winning

1 Like

55 hp/s should suffice. Anything more should be slightly strengthening her Resurrect ability since it is not that great right now due to all the massive restrictions.

1 Like

60 hps was fine for the better part of 2 years. In fact it USED to be 50 hps in the very beginning, and was bumped up to 60 because Mercy couldn’t heal good enough. And this was before she had to compete with Ana or Moira, who both outheal Mercy by a factor of 3. This was before we had as many tanks and DPS.

Mercy wasn’t even meta. But she had impact, and an ult, and she was “mained” a LOT. Either because she was decent to play, or because of “waifu” status. Regardless, she has always had a massive fanbase.

So when did the problems start?
Well, devs added an invulnerability and full self-heal for Mercy after performing a mass-rez, because otherwise mass-rez would be too hard to get value out of. Can you grasp that concept? Such a legendary, powerful ultimate, and it was difficult to get value out of? Not really like these anti-rez folks yelling about how OP and unfun it was, right? Clearly there were counters, else it would not be buffed that way.

But that invulnerability was abused by certain Mercy players saying “die on point, I’ll rez”, which is something the devs didn’t want to see. Understandable, because Mercy players began hiding, just for rez.

Ironic that instead of just reverting that change for invulnerability, which was the root problem, they opted for a whole rework, using “arguments” that were blatant lies, debunked over and over again in videos and on the forums.

Then the dreaded moth meta happens. Sure she was meta, enhanced dive. But it angered literally the entire playerbase, because this gameplay was OPAF for everyone else, and for Mercy players, their satisfying mass-rez was removed.
It was said, YELLED, on the PTR, that this iteration was overpowered, unfun, and would be devastating. Did the devs listen? Of course not. Why the hell listen to thousands of players?

Then so many nerfs that Mercy is not longer viable. She’s not specialized in anything. Her resurrect is pretty much a death sentence most of the time. Healing is abysmal. Damage boost is not nearly enough to make up the fact that Mercy contributes no damage of her own to the team. Valkyrie is a joke “ult” that is more akin to Torbjorn’s Overload ability that gives many small self-buffs. It is not an actual ULTIMATE. Let alone a support ultimate.

11 Likes

The no movement penalty bug she had on the PTR would make for an actual good buff. Blizzard should really consider it.

Mercy is fine where she is. Her ult should have 60 hp/s but nothing else. The problem is that some of the other healers are still busted. Mercy doesn’t need to be buffed, other supports need to be nerfed.

It’s happening on the PTR, and DPS has been buffed pretty hardcore. Mercy pairs extremely well with DPS, so if they start seeing more use, she’ll become more useful again.

I disagree with the Valk buff, Valk’s currently healing output is ok, but I agree with a revert to 60hp/s…

2 Likes

The difference between 60 hps Mercy and 50 hps Mercy is the difference between a healer who works in every situation and one that works well outside of triple tank metas. I’d rather the latter, because having a single hero be the best at everything isn’t a good idea.

Please keep in mind that the only difference between current Mercy and Must pick Mercy is the 10 less hps.

1 Like

You’re joking right.

Agreed! The nerf that changed her from 60 to 50 came at a bad time where they were still desperately trying to kick Mercy firmly out of the meta and trying to help make other Support characters more viable. But in all honesty, all they had to do was buff the other Support characters; nerfing Mercy’s healing as well was just pure overkill.

The problem is, at 50 hps, her healing just doesn’t feel relevant enough to keep people from dying, unlike Ana’s grenade, Brigitte’s armor pack, or any of the life saving Ultimates like Transcendence, Sound Barrier, Rally, or even the instant massive healing from Ana’s Nano. Mercy is supposed to be the emergency life saving healer, but she’s completely useless to do anything of the sort. her Ultimate is a joke now.

Valkyrie at this point, has been nerfed so many times that its not even an Ultimate anymore, its basically just Torbjorn’s Overload ability where he gets a bit better stats for a bit.

Remember when Valkyrie let you get off 3 or 4 Instant speed Res’s? I’m not saying it wasn’t busted, cuz it kinda was, but at least it FELT like an Ultimate. I still fail to see the difference between Mercy’s original Valkyrie and Genji’s Dragonblade or every other Ultimate with the potential to kill multiple people, but that’s just me.

1 Like

There is a very clear, big difference between killing people in an FPS game (which everyone can do), and rezzing multiple people instantly (which only Mercy can do).

If getting kills is the best way to win the game, reversing death is even better. Reversing death multiple times over the course of 15-20 seconds in Valkyrie effectively nullified the enemy’s efforts, especially considering she also pumps out 60 HPS for all 5 of her teammates as well as 30% damage boost during it, while ALSO being almost impossible to kill.

Her ultimate is pretty amazing, actually. Her current ultimate is exactly the same as it was seasons 8-10, and she was still a must pick during those seasons and everyone called Valk too strong. But now it’s “a joke”? I’m confused. Only her base HPS has been nerfed since season 11, her ultimates been in this exact state for 6 seasons straight and has always been good except for the brief period where it only healed 50.

I actually asked Geoff about this last night, and asked if he would ever consider buffing her HPS to 55 for some more healing, or giving her some sort of burst heal boost ability on her reload button for her staff. Here’s what he said in case you didn’t see:

Sounds like an HPS buff is on the table, and he wants to buff damage boost somehow. So good things are coming, I think.

1 Like

Ok, so I would say 55hps and make the ult do either 70hps or 65hps.

3 Likes

i dont think she needs 60hps back, she just needs a form of burst healing. they can be creative about it (e.g. every 500 heals done she gets a burst heal) or super mundane and just have an ability with a cd that gives her more hps for 4 secs.

1 Like

Ultimates win fights, that’s the idea, so the argument that it ‘essentially nullifies the enemy team’s effort’ isn’t much of an argument since practically EVERY Ultimate in the game does that, particularly Support characters with their Defensive Ultimates. And to be fair, I’ve been complaining about how weak her Ultimate feels since it was last changed several seasons ago and its the reason I haven’t played Competitive for several seasons.

I’m very hopeful that they might actually give her her healing back, but at this point I think trading her damage boost beam for some kind of shield or armor or burst heal that she could apply on a cooldown would be much better for her. I think 50 HPS would be fine if she had another option for keeping a teammate from dying in the first place. 60 HPS used to be enough to do that, but without it she just feels underwhleming and Res is just a ‘sorry-my-healing-wasn’-t-good-enough’ button. It shares the same problem as Roadhog that you’re still feeding the enemy team Ult-charge to wipe your team off the map again, and your own Ultimate isn’t enough to counter or undo theirs anymore. Its just lose-lose.