Give Mei projectile drop

…so then why would messing with muscle memory be a valid reason not to give mei projectile drop

Because it’s just tedious for everyone, and in this case, does literally nothing to combat her effectiveness against tanks.

Sure it’s tedious. But this isn’t about combatting tanks. It’s about making her kit more balanced. A frontline dps with huge area control with long survivability that’s also a discount sniper? That seems a little stacked for one kit.

Go play as her then.

If she is crazy strong, you should do well.

9 Likes

we just aren’t gonna call out the “it makes sense it would drop fast bc it’s heavier” part huh :stuck_out_tongue:

idk i think mei just needs chain freezing gone to invite more counterplay by mode of bodyblocking. she needs to be less oppressive close up, not further away. nerfing her long distance right click doesn’t do much to help tanks against her. also i feel like the delay from clicking to when an actual icicle shoots combined with the pretty low fire rate in general is enough of a gimmick in itself to make her easy to deal with. besides, no matter what you do to her long range capabilities, she will be able to close the distance on you and start chain freezing and making tanks have a terrible time. she has a wall and she has a team

My guess, if they do nerf Mei, it’s probably going to be less Slow effect on her primary fire.
Like 20% Initial Slow, instead of 30% Initial Slow.

Or a tiny bit less Freeze, such that the double icicle isn’t possible.
Like 1.3sec Freeze, instead of 1.5sec Freeze.

That said, if you listen to any Pros, Mei is gonna be good, but it’s Hanzo that gives the damage and shieldbreak that makes that pairing work.

I figure neuter Hanzo’s shieldbreak, and you’re get both less Mei from Hanzo/Mei, but also less Mei from Reaper/Mei.

1 Like

What other projectile is as heavy as meis icicle?

Oh you! You know that most people who nerf characters don’t actually play them more then very casually if at all.

1 Like

I’ve played mei. Sure, I play her casually. I don’t like to play her because I feel bad, because I know how frustrating she it. It’s easy, compared to a lot of the dps. Doomfist is easier, but compared to hitscan, it’s a walk in the park

I know right?

You would expect that people complaining about how strong she is, would go pick her up and play her?

But funnily enough, the people who do, don’t find she is crazy strong. It is only in the hands of other people are they strong.

It is weird how that works.

Stop feeling bad, and actually get into comp and REALLY give her a go. You will learn far far more about how to counter her in practice than any amount of complaining on the forums will.

Also note, her damage per game was REALLY bad until they buffed her left click. The right click change didn’t move that needle.

3 Likes

Mei’s slow (m1 spray) just needs to fall off faster and be slightly less impactful, and her stun (solid freeze) needs a diminishing return system.
Also piercing freeze needs to go as it’s no longer needed.
I have absolutely 0 problems with her right click because they earn any kills they get with it at range given how wacky the projectile itself is.
Mei is just obnoxiously difficult to deal with as a tank by nature of her kit, but shy of a full rework, she’d be a throw pick if it weren’t effective at all

1 Like

Mei’s falloff was removed for consistency as literally none of the other projectiles have falloff damage. It doesn’t really make her OP to begin with due to how she’s literally just budget Hanzo/ McCree in terms of M2. Mei gets her value from limiting enemy movement options.

You’re trying to add logic into a game where a 60 year old grandma can snap a metal signpost in half with the force of wet newspaper.

5 Likes

They actually buffed the slow duration by 0.5 seconds in the past saying it would help her keep up against faster heroes while really all it did was make being a less mobile hero more irritating, and in all doing close to nothing against more mobile heroes. I could get behind that buff being reverted.

What’s heavier, a pound of iron or a pound of feathers?

1 Like

??? kinda thought bringing it up would make you see it but my point is weight is irrelevant. like u have ur opinions on how to balance her but your “it makes logical sense because it’s heavy” argument falls flat. everything falls at the same rate

That’s exactly what I was getting at.

If your team abandons you or plays too aggro when they shouldn’t, unless you’re Zarya or Hog, there’s an extremely good chance Mei is going to outduel you as a tank, and slowly at that, and there’s very little you can do outside of wasting an ult to force her to back off, (which is extremely bad value for you, especially if she blocks or walls it) or you can desperately try to get to your team, which may involve abandoning advantageous positioning or the point or payload itself, which is almost as bad as throwing out an ult.

Projectiles with a wind up
Projectiles
Sniper

Meinsides.bmp

McCree and Bap are more discount snipers than Mei.

2 Likes

Thank you, Socrates. What’s heavier, an icicle or an arrow? What’s heavier, a small rivet, or an icicle?

What has a higher amount of gravity on it, an arrow, or an icicle?

This is starting to sounds like witchcraft to me.