Give bastion headshots

How about instead reduce his spread? He will still need a rework either way.

1 Like

Bastion turret mode used to have headshots and it was overwhelmingly overpowered in the past. They took the criticals away just so people had a fighting chance to stop him

What do you mean “Bastion mains are on the same boat as Mercy mains.”? Mercy has been one of the best heroes for almost a year while Bastion has suffered since release.

4 Likes

They took headshots away because they added Ironclad, not because he was killing people fast. Yeah, he could kill pretty fast, but that’s not really the reason they took it away. It might have had a small part in it, but Ironclad is the main reason…

If you think adding headshots would be too OP, then how about this:

• Configuration Sentry
    • Damage reduced to 12 (Currently 15)
    • Headshots added
    • Deals 25% bonus damage to barriers
    • Bloom added to weapon
      • Starts at 1.25° spread, starts bloom after 0.3 seconds of continuous fire
      • Maxes out at 2° spread after an aditional 0.3 seconds of continuous fire
    • Ammo reduced to 250

He does less damage to squishies, but keeps the same DPS against barriers. He has potential for higher DPS than currently, but only with >25% headshot accuracy. The spread is almost the same as Hammond’s, but it starts getting inaccurate faster (Hammond stays at 1.25° for 0.5 seconds).

1 Like

1 Like

Bastion's real damage output (kinda) Here’s some DPS averages for Bastion. This is after his falloff buff. The tests were performed on a stationary training bot, but most all squishy targets will be much smaller and will be moving, so his actual DPS in game will be significantly lower. His damage is still pretty terrible, especially for an immobile character.

1 Like

2.6 seconds @ 50m doesn’t seem terrible to me and at that range, he’s not gonna have much trouble tracking targets.

Although headshots would be nice, and I can see no real valid reason why Bastion is the only hitscan (that is meant to do damage) that doesn’t have headshots (I’m not counting Zarya/Symmetra, because their weapon isn’t really hitscan, it’s slightly different), adding headshots would do almost nothing for him if he didn’t also get a spread reduction.

It’s pretty infuriating when you track an enemy perfectly, and you still don’t get the kill because the RNG didn’t favor you in that instance. Why does Bastion have a spread larger than Sombra’s? Sombra can go invisible, walk up to the enemy, and shoot them point blank, and they STILL thought she had too much spread (this was when she was at 3°, which is what Bastion is at now). Bastion can’t move, and has nothing to help him get closer to the enemy, he just has to hope and pray that the enemy is stupid enough to walk into his bullets. Bastion is stationary, he should have the spread to reflect that. I don’t care if you want to remove a small bit of damage to do it, just make him consistent.

1 Like

That’s his playstyle. You sit LoS to choke point and shred the enemies as they come into LoS. Then reposition. It’s kind of like making a barrier out of hot lead to prevent people passing through.

You want me to spray at someone (a 200 hp target mind you) for 2 and a half seconds to kill it? Soldier can do that in about 1.5, much faster if he used helix… Also note that all 200 hp heroes are much smaller than a training bot and they’re moving, so his TTK will be much larger.

Yeah, that would be fine if he actually did shred enemies… All he’s good at is taking out barriers (unless the person using the barrier is smart) and taking out Winstons. 2.6 seconds for a 200 hp hero is a very funny definition of “shred”…

1 Like

You just added headshots back in again. No.

No headshots for something that already has a ludicrous max potential damage.

Bastion currently does insane damage in the range he’s meant to be utilized at. I don’t want some stray Bastion spam headshotting me. The rate of fire, plus the spread, make it so that he’d headshot you every 4th or 5th bullet.

Wrong. They were taking away headshots because Bastion was killing people way too fast, and to keep it from seeming like such an overwhelming nerf, they gave him Ironclad to attempt to make up for it.

Did you ever play as, or against the original Bastion? I have. He was so damned oppressive that if the enemy team had one, you already knew you’d lost. He was that powerful. Now that there are even MORE shields in the game, and only 4 abilities that pierce shields (1 of them being an ult, 1 on Reinhardt, the other on an ability that must be decided whether or not to heal, and finally Sombra’s EMP)

With the changes to Symmetra, shield turtle comp is a valid strategy that works almost every time. I’ve seen a LOT more Bastion lately since the rework for Symmetra.

Does he need buffs? I honestly don’t know, with the recent changes his power has been brought back up again indirectly by having shields that can’t be bypassed. Orisa + Bastion + Mercy + Ana + Symmetra + Torbjorn is a combo that is difficult to beat. So long as the Bastion/Orisa know to stop firing at the reflecting Genji…

1 Like

This doesn’t even reference Recon damage, which is a very important part of his kit.

You don’t have to kill. As soon as people realise they’re getting shot by Bastion, they’re already down to half health and they’re not getting into your fire-zone.

Bastion 1.0 was not oppressive, in fact, he was quite weak.

1 Like

Are we talking about the 180 degree 1000hp shield bastion?

No, that’s beta-Bastion. Bastion 1.0 is the version he was when the game released.
Bastion 2.0 was when he had 35% Ironclad and was OP. Bastion 2.5 is what we are on now.

Whaaaaat?!

If he was in Sentry form, behind a shield, he was a nightmare, add in a Mercy damage amp… Jesus H Jehova’s Witness, he’d rip through an entire team at a choke point in mere seconds.

Yes, with lower base damage…

Then why do Widow and Hanzo have headshot damage? He does 125 per bodyshot, and she does 120. That’s a lot of base damage…

Not really… His damage falloff is 35 - 55 meters, but he sucks at those ranges… Bastion's real damage output (kinda)

Yes. I’ve been playing since beta. If the enemy had a Bastion, didn’t walk into his line of fire because it’s an active freaking machine gun. Nowadays, that’s a perfectly viable strat, which is stupid.

If you’re giving up the instant you see a Bastion, that’s on you. That’s you being a bad player that refuses to adapt. That’s another reason he got a net nerf out of the rework, people didn’t want to learn to counter him, so they cried instead.

I suppose that’s why his pickrate dropped in the last 3 months then…?

1 Like

By himself he was not.

If you are talking about 3 heroes together of course that would be strong, it’s half their team.

Maybe in Comp, I’m talking in QP, I see him all the time now.