Give Ana Regeneration!

If they were to give Ana any sort of regen I think they should make it either from teammates healed or scoped shots hit. It fits in better with the high skill support model she is.

6 Likes

Out of every support, Ana is the only one who can’t regen or self heal. This is a huge problem for her because her kit is wasted healing her, requires a second support to heal her, has to walk to a health pack with no mobility, or walk back from spawn.

She needs some form of self healing passive.

2 Likes

My question really is: can you in some way justify why Ana should not have regeneration?

7 Likes

But is it the right buff when as you said enemies can easily close the distance or shoot her directly at range? What’s the point of self healing if there’s a Winston or D.VA on your case?

Wouldn’t it be better to either hold your ground or evade? The first I don’t think they’ll do but the latter has a proposed Ghillie Suit passive that would render Ana invisible to enemies past a certain range from her. Wouldn’t that be more efficacious than having a better self heal?

2 Likes

I mean something right, regen, escape, shiled, armor, self heal by expending ammo JUST SOMETHING

1 Like

Everything you said or gave detail is exactly how I felt about Ana in my post. She barely has anything…

2 Likes

Its not whether it’s the right buff, but that it’s the most logical buff. It makes more sense that Ana has regeneration, then not. It even makes sense in relation to her character, and why she’s able to keep fighting even at old age. Whether she needs other buffs is another discussion entirely.

The point of self healing is exactly the same as why all other support heroes have self healing, they are the heroes that heal, and should therefor not need healing themselves. Like other support heroes, Ana is always getting chip damaged when opponents tries to damage her from range. Winning a fight against a flanker shouldn’t mean that you also have to spend time finding a health pack. Imagine if Mercy didn’t have any regeneration.

While the others have some sort of escape or regen or shield ability…Ana is stuck with a “put enemy to sleep and run” escape option. And the sleep CD is slow and only works against one enemy at a time. And it only lasts until the enemy takes damage. Not very useful at all.

I would love for her to have some form of mobility to escape.

1 Like

There is regeneration for ana, its called biotic grenade. :slight_smile:

Mobility is not what Ana needs. Making her stronger in areas where shes weak is how we wind up with Mercy and Brigitte.

That’s like saying Healing Orb is regeneration for Moira. Yet Moira still has self healing on her left click, despite the fact that Healing Orb is a better healing ability then Bionic Grenade, as it can heal Moira for 300 health and then be ready to use again withing a couple of seconds.

Besides, the fact that Bionic Grenade is also an important tool to use against other healers and to burst heal your team, it’s a complete detriment for Ana to just use it for herself. I’ve lost count as to how many times I’ve used Bionic Grenade on myself, only to see the opponent Zenyatta/Moira/Mercy drop her ultimate and not being able to bypass that healing for my team.

2 Likes
  1. that is not regen
  2. it’s on a 10 second cd so if it were regen she would get 10hp per second compared to soldier’s 40hps for 5 seconds every 15sexonds.
  3. it’s wasted healing her when it can be used against the enemy team or to heal a team mate
  4. if she was played at range she has to choose whether to heal herself or her team or block healing for the enemy
  5. Mercy had way better regen, self saving ult, amazing mobility, and better dps. Moira has 2 ways to self heal, mobility plus immunity, self saving ult, and better dps with a damage orb. Brigetta has self healing, a self saving ult, small mobility, a shield, and two stuns. Lucio has self healing, amazing mobility, and an ult that saves himself. Zen has amazing dps, shields that regen, and an ult that saves and makes him immune. But Ana can only has a long cd heal grenade that is better used elsewhere.
1 Like

She’s not entirely without self heal — just lacks a full heal or the ability to heal herself under every 10 seconds. If she had a Ghillie Suit to render her invisible to enemies distant then if played at range she’s not likely to get chip damage since, firstly, she won’t be in the fray and, secondly, she won’t be shot by enemies at range and beyond.

In effect a Ghillie Suit would reduce her damage and reduce her attacks from dive. She need only be a bit sneakier and fire from afar at angles not expected.

That’s what I mean by giving her the right buff. Simply upping her heals does nothing in protecting her from the reasons of why she would need that healing in the first place.

Just my 2cp, mate.

Ana is a person of advanced age, you know what you do with old people? You help them cross the street against incoming traffic, you become caring for her. As Doomfist I like to play as Anas bodyguard against close threats, and I have figured that hes far better at guarding her than Bridgette does. Giving her easy regen would negatively affect that kind of dynamic.

Ana passive: 25% healing done to allies? Makes her grenade a bit better too

Might be too much tho I don’t have the numbers to check this lol

This seems like a really obvious fix tbh. Idk how you can have the function of a support if a good chunk of your thought process is on how to heal yourself as well. She’s already the most aim intensive healer (and unlike Zen has to maintain LoS to heal) and her cooldown on nade is very long. So having to routinely use it on yourself or scramble around with one of the slowest kits (especially for a small character) to get a health pack is ridiculous. The only way without regen that she will be useful is if her ult makes for super cheesy wipe combos consistently. It’d be better if she could keep a similar ult but not have to waste her abilities just to stay alive (and then not have them up when she could actually make a big play with them).

It’s crazy they gave Brig a 5s stun cooldown and 16hps behind shield while Ana has to consider using a 10 second cooldown just to stay alive. Even if she constantly used it on herself she’d have half the self heal per second of the other supports and that would be a disgusting waste of her kit. I highly doubt passive heal will make Ana meta overnight so I have no idea why anyone would be against it.

Also lets make health packs obsolete because everyone now has regeneration.

I’m going to be honest I never liked the idea of Mercy’s self heal because every other hero has to do something in order to self heal (I don’t include Zenyatta in this because his shield regen is not a self heal it’s just the shield mechanic.)

Lucio has to be in healing aura to heal himself, Brigitte has to deal damage, and same for Moira. It feels bad to have a hero just heal because they didn’t get hit for a second rather than them having to do something to gain that regen.

I think another balancing thing that would be nice for Ana is to have her heal x amount of health for every shot that hits an enemy or ally. This will also give the player a reward for actually aiming well too XP

Compared to the other support heroes, and the fact that Bionic Grenade is not primarily a self healing ability, it does feel like Ana is completely without self heal when you play her.

Regeneration would do a lot to protect Ana. She can defend herself somewhat, and scare her opponent away with two shots. The problem is when she gets chip damaged from range in a fight, and can’t heal herself as she has to focus on her team, thereby making her a very easy target for a Tracer or Genji. There’s a big difference between having 200 HP and 150 HP, even more so considering how aim dependent Ana’s kit is, meaning you need all the time you can get.

1 Like