Give Ana Regeneration!

I think another balancing thing that would be nice for Ana is to have her heal x amount of health for every shot that hits an enemy or ally. This will also give the player a reward for actually aiming well too XP

Compared to the other support heroes, and the fact that Bionic Grenade is not primarily a self healing ability, it does feel like Ana is completely without self heal when you play her.

Regeneration would do a lot to protect Ana. She can defend herself somewhat, and scare her opponent away with two shots. The problem is when she gets chip damaged from range in a fight, and can’t heal herself as she has to focus on her team, thereby making her a very easy target for a Tracer or Genji. There’s a big difference between having 200 HP and 150 HP, even more so considering how aim dependent Ana’s kit is, meaning you need all the time you can get.

1 Like

What other characters have to rely entirely on another hero to be viable? Bastion. Torb. Pharah. How’s their viablibility going?

You have to look at the hero kits as a whole, which is what I did in my original post. It might be that Lucio has to use heal aura, but his wall ride also allows him to avoid damage. Brigitte might have to deal damage to heal, but she also has a 600 health barrier that can completely avoid damage. Next to Moira’s damage healing, she also has self healing in both her orb and ultimate, plus one of the best escape abilities in the game.

What does Ana have that would justify her not needing a self heal? Sleep Dart? As said, Ana is the support hero that needs self healing the most! If anything, she’s the only one that should have it, because all other support heroes have something ells besides self healing to reliably protect themselves.

And Hanzo, and Tracer.

Tracer and Hanzo are not overtuned.

Wraxus think Hanzo is overtune. Heck even the pros in OWL are happy that they don’t have to play against Storm Arrows.

I think Hanzo is OP, overtuned is different.

Wraxus changes to Hanzo would fix him.

Name their weakness then.

Well I wasn’t debating this at all in my post but since you bring it up. I never said anything about her not needing one. I only talked about Mercy. However her grenade while not being a great use is a self heal. You can also defend yourself with sleep dart but that requires more skill than just pressing shift on Moira.

Ahh whatever I really don’t think she does need self healing. However if I had to pick an idea I have seen it would be the dart exploding on impact for a slight AoE heal to others that is weaker than the main target but by doing this her main heal would need to be reduced. In my opinion though I would prefer Ana to not have a self heal but be a very strong healer. More so than Mercy.

Zenyatta has no abilities for escape either so how is that fine in your book? Is it because he can do a lot of damage? It can’t possibly be the shields because those only regen if you don’t take damage so in a battle that’s not reasonable. If it is the damage than there is no reason Ana can’t do that too. She isn’t weak and requires aim like Zenyatta does.

So sorry if I don’t quite agree with the Ana self healing.

Her downside is difficulty of use and low health.

Beyond that, CC abilities, of which there are now many, with Shield bash specifically as a very hard counter.

150 isn’t low health. Most things that 1 shot Tracer, 1 shot 200 health. Most things that 2 shot Tracer also 2 shot 200 health (with few exceptions). Why do you think that every time something 2 shots Tracer, but 3 shots 200 HP it’s weakened? E.g. Biotic Rifle damage 75 > 70, Storm arrow 80 > 70. These numbers that keep popping up for damage: 60, 70, 120, are no mistake. They’re built around health thresholds for number of shots to kill. Everything that can 2 shot Tracer is slow enough to trigger Recall. This sustain removes the downside low health supposedly gives. Low health is merely an illusion, because the math says so.

CC is a counter to everyone, but Orisa. Tracer can avoid most CC in fact. Stuns like Rocket Punch, Earth Shatter, Mei’s freeze, can be evaded by Tracer. And again, CC like Flash Bang hurt everyone else just as much (if not more thanks to channeled ults).

I don’t know, using her infinite range healing? Like avoid the damage altogether, how long you’ve been playing ana?

I am with you on this, I support giving Ana a self heal or a mobility like all other healers already have

I’m absolutely not trying to patronize you but if Moira uses her orb to heal herself in a panic that’s just as comparable to Ana using Biotic Grenade on herself. Now yes, Moira DOES have life steal but I’m just saying, Moira and Ana actually both don’t have any form of self regen without using abilities unlike Mercy, Zen and Lucio.

Anyways, that slight critique aside my personal idea for Ana would be something I’ve actually heard from others. Idk who came up with it first but basically she would get a small self heal every time she heals an ally with her shots. I really like that idea, idk it just kinda fits and rewards her for healing her team and could synergize well if she starts pocket healing a Brig protecting her while she’s taking damage from an incoming flanker

None of the other healers can burst heal themselves (Grenade). Moira can heal over time herself with an Orb but it’s not 100hp instantly. I have no problem with Ana getting a passive regen out of combat like Mercy, but she’d have to be unaffected by her own grenades then.

This wouldn’t fix the problem. She has incredible kit on paper, but you have to be so skilled to use it.

That’s the point. That’s how Ana was designed to be. She is supposed to be a highly skilled support hero. Just like heroes like Doom and Widow.

Yes, but Widow also has a no-skill escape ability and a mine that does dmg and gives you wall hacks on Widow. Neither of those abilities require skill. My Widow aim is trash, but I can use both of those with near 100% effectiveness. Just because the main fire mechanic is meant to be skill-based, doesn’t mean you should be able to restrict all of a character’s kit to those that are very experienced with fps games and are accurate.

Not even going to comment on Doomfist, because comparing his skill requirement to Ana or Widow is downright laughable

What’s their excuse? Ana’s “oldschool?” xD