Give a Hanzo a new ability, due to storm Nerf

Right because every single tank doesn’t have an ability to reduce damage… You know the ability they get for their role… Orisa has like 3…

Tanks act like they should never take damage all by themselves like maybe for some enemies you need a healer… Or to adapt, or to use your cooldown or to avoid being damged by them. I am not sorry that bad tanks get hit by every shot and run straight at him.

1 Like

Storm Arrow was SO good that the 10 damage nerf isn’t going to make Hanzo weak, like at all. It’s only going to stop the cheesy one shots. An ability on an 8 sec cd that could spam FOUR 80 damage arrows per sec should not have one shot potential per arrow when boosted.

Easy make it non boostable.

That’s a round about way of nerfing, when the problem is the damage to begin with. It’s better not to make weird exceptions and have consistency.

1 Like

Except that his overall damage is still being nerfed when that’s not what’s needed. And they will nerf it again with nowhere to put the extra damage I say another cooldown ability one that has high restrictions and isn’t even capable of oneshoting.

Hanzo already got so many freebies and you’re clawing at 10 damage like his viability depends on it. Not only was Storm Arrow on a lower cooldown than Scatter, it did 80 damage per arrow instead of Scatter’s 75(which btw would have prevented it from one shotting with boost). So in reality, giving him Storm Arrows with the CD and damage of Scatter would have been a fine transition, but he also got improved arrow speed AND lunge. He doesn’t need ANOTHER ability, his kit is as loaded as Genji now.

To list: Hanzo has, vertical and horizontal mobility, is a sniper and a flank, a barrier breaker, charges his ults remarkably quickly, can handle most tanks, can handle flanks to some degree and combos well with the current meta. The only thing he can’t do is heal himself. This, on the back of releasing Brigitte, the hero that single handedly made every competetive match boring. Storm arrows also headshots, has no recoil and potentially has higher damage on a relatively low cooldown.

He can also see behind walls. They made the nerf because even the pro’s think hanzo is too broken for prime time. If you don’t think that’s overpowered then you have no clue what overpowered looks like.

2 Likes

With that reasoning they owe Mercy four new abilities at least… :rofl:

1 Like

They never said it was exclusively to remove the one shot potential. If it was, they would remove the headshot capability. The Tracer headshot part was to justify why specifically 70.

No. What I want is to not be burst down in close range by a character who should be good at mid to long range.

Yes that was needed. It takes out half the health of Orisa’s barrier in less than 2 seconds all by itself, or kill 2+ 200hp

I feel the pain. I’m a Sombra main and she just hit worst player in the game this week. Per overbuff.

1 Like

Still can’t compare to Bastion who’s been there for over a year.

What sucks about it is that we won’t know when, or IF, they’ll ever get looked at again. I’d be fine with Bastion being “F-tier” if he was at least playable, like he was before his rework.

Or remove the cooldown on launch.

So can soldier I don’t see your point. With helix rocket he can do around 446.8 damage in 2 seconds and has healing and 326.8 of that damage is from normal fire not even on a cooldown.

D. Va another tank can also take down Orisa’s shield in the same amount of time with 420 damage. I can calculate more heroes that could do this if you want but since you just want to complain cause he has the same capability other heros do with less survivability doing it I don’t see your point.

Anyone can be good at close range on a non moving large Target. it’s not that he becomes physically weaker he becomes really easy to hit for anyone with average Mobility. And they become harder for him to hit.

No they just specifically stated it was to remove the one shot capability. Thats it. No reason that damage cannot be added back in a different ability. You are flipping out because you are afraid of him getting a low damage ability.

I find those two channel very bias and even squeeze in false lies to further their claims, and thus I unsubscribe from them. Bias, I have no problem with, it’s the false claim that’s bugs me since it spread misinformation being taken as truth and repeated in arguments constantly.

I find BlameTheController to be much better as he will take the time to research. He even goes in depth explaining the lock-on targeting myth on how the targeting system works through his research.

1 Like

not to mention stylosa’s clickbait titles and habit of repeating himself over and over until the video is over 10 minutes long. his “facts” are one thing, his presentation is another.

Soldier has falloff damage and spread, and doesn’t have vertical mobility outside a rocket jump.

You are afraid that Hanzo won’t be op anymore

If we compensated Overpowered characters then:

Ana would still be OP from Beyblade Meta
Mercy would still be OP after sledgehammer Valk nerf
D.Va would still be the most picked tank

You get the point, some characters are nerfed because they’re overtuned and Hanzo was overtuned and likely still is after this nerf.

1 Like

They never said it was the one and only reason for the nerf.
He was justifying the specific number

Widow, who is also a sniper, doesn’t have a close range capacity that comes anywhere near Hanzo’s

Allow his recon arrow ability slot to be the new recon slot and allow him to switch it from a quiver. New arrows|
-Tether arrow, landing it on an enemy will attach them to a 5 meter rope that will hold them in that radius of 4 seconds.
-Smoke screen arrow, disorients view for enemy severely while inside and only lightly for self and teammates.

It really is simple. You can even tell Blizzard was flat out lying in their reasoning to nerf Storm Arrow.

They claimed they did not want it one-shotting the likes of Tracer, and the potential damage per hit when Mercy boosted…

If that was the case then why wasn’t the total damage kept the same and the per hit damage lowered (like adding 1 more arrow and making them all do same damage)

There was no evidence Hanzo or Storm was in need of a nerf, and even their justification doesn’t make sense.

3 Likes