Give a Hanzo a new ability, due to storm Nerf

the point of a nerf is that he was too powerful before why even thinking about to give him some buffs for that lol

1 Like

His nerf was only due to headshots. They are nerfing cause of that one aspect. Not due to overall damage.

I tell myself that same thing but then I look at Brig, who has a bloated kit. 1 passive, 4 abilities. You then want to add another DPS ability onto Hanzo’s kit when he’s the top DPS at the moment, with 3 abilities.

Even if he wasn’t meta, he still wouldn’t need another ability, especially not this one.

Hanzo has Wall Climb, Sonic Arrow, Lunge, Dragonstrike, plus Storm Arrows. There are already lots of abilities to tweak if needed.

1 Like

So hanzo is overtuned and does too much dmg, too much burst, too many 1 shots, so because he is getting a nerf, he needs another ability? He will still be a very strong choice after this nerf, but he needs a buff to compensate?

Damn, i guess its time to buff brig too!

1 Like

Most people are calling for nerfs to his damage which no other ability directly affects. Wall climb is also glitchy. Sonic arrows already been nerfed to it’s max and isn’t even a ability you can nerf damage wise…

They will nerf Hanzo again this won’t be the end, they literally removed scatter an ability they have never stated was op nor skill-less due to feelings. another nerf will come.

Also it’s a fact they have never even once agreed to it being skill-less even the current nerf they stated it would make him feel better to play against. Hanzo the hero they nerf to protect the enemies feelings…

1 Like

Sorry, allow me to clarify: with the upcoming nerf, you will still be able to use Storm Arrow on a regular basis and with little to no worries unless the enemy team has a counter to you. With Mercy and her Resurrect, it was constantly beaten down and now stands at a point where I’m FORCED into hiding in order to successfully revive a teammate. And sometimes, that revive doesn’t even go through when it so clearly should.

And for the record: Mercy does take skill. But as I always say on these forums, it isn’t the hero that has the skill but the person playing. And unfortunately the brainless have made it so everyone believes that everyone who plays Mercy did the dumb Hide and Rez (that I only ever did if I heard 3 or more people on the enemy team all Ulting at the same time). By that same logic however, that also would imply heroes like Junkrat take no skill because they sometimes hide and activate their RIP-Tyre, or even Hanzo himself who I’ve seen before hide and shoot his Dragon Strike through a wall towards the objective. It still hurts and disgusts me how people say that someone who works so hard on healing everyone and keeping them alive, often sacrificing herself to pull a revive off nowadays, is still called low skill. This is not me defending myself as a Mercy Main for the record: this is me being sick and tired of hearing everyone say the same thing, people who have no right to be saying that hero takes no skill.

So what? It’s an important part of his kit either way. It’s not like they could remove it and it wouldn’t impact him. It provides the vertical mobility much needed to a sniper.

It was tweaked, radius and duration nerfed, cooldown buffed.
But not everything is about damage anyway. They could buff Sonic Arrow’s cooldown again.
People are asking for damage nerf because right now he has one of the highest damage per game, almost the same of a Junkrat, 33% more than Mccree. The high amount of damage is expected to a hero who is designed to be good against barriers, but why Hanzo?
Of course people will always ask for whatever hero to be nerfed to the ground, there will always be people like that. Ignore those people.
I’m glad they are nerfing only 10 damage per arrow. Although I think it won’t be enough to bring him to other dpses level, at least they are taking little steps so they won’t nerf him too much.

I’m also sick of mercy mains and the comparison to Hanzo… I actually have never felt a Nerf to Rez is necessary… I even liked the 5 men Rez it meant snipers had a reason to be there… But almost every post we have on hanzo salty mercy mains come telling us how Hanzo players will never have it as bad.

BTW I also hate playing against mercy but have never called for any of her abilities to be nerfed, nor have I defended nerfs since like Hanzo mercy was nerfed mainly due to “feelings”…

I’m not salty by any means, but I don’t think you exactly understand: Those Mercy Mains are right, you don’t have it as bad. They removed one ability for Hanzo, and replaced it with one equally as good if not possibly better. Mercy went through hell and back, with several changes and alterations and went from making an impact to the game to just… Being there. Flying about, barely healing above average using her Ultimate, and having a revive that takes a day and a half to pull off successfully. It felt so amazing to change the tide of battle, even in one of the older versions of the rework: revive two allies, heal them and keep them safe, maybe even get a kill or two. It was incredible, I felt useful. I still do sometimes, but when I Ult it will never be enough to help my team, unless they’re all grouped up and able to take advantage of the healing I’m giving them.

That being said, thank you for being one of the few people I’ve come across that didn’t complain about Mercy’s old Ultimate, and one of the few people that realise that to stop the Mass Rez you kill the Support before she can Mass Rez.

Trust me I hate her new ult her small hitboxes are enough to make a hard target already but now she flys and because they nerfed her Rez again she’s now rezing less meaning she’s less likely to be easily sniped… Maybe I’m wrong but they also made her gun more powerful or faster and add that to the fact that I have to aim at a Sonic butterfly pretty much while getting damaged that before the update I had no way of avoiding…

I’ll admit, the original rework was an absolute disaster. It encouraged too much Battle Mercy, and in some ways still does. That increased damage is thankfully gone, but she does have unlimited ammo during her Ult. Then again, you should be focusing on healing your allies anyway unless 1) you’re the only one on the point, 2) your team is fully healed already and there’s only one or two people left in the way, or 3) There’s an enemy that’s really annoying your team and your flying allows you to follow them easily and at least deal with them somewhat. Also, Mercy doesn’t fly too fast during her Ult: I’m pretty sure they decreased the speed at one point, so she’s not going a million miles an hour. She’s still able to die if there’s a Junkrat, a Bastion, a Pharah, or a good sniper (because she can still be headshot, and a good arrow to the head will HURT regardless).

Only if Sombra gets some sort of uber-compensation for how they drove her into the dirt.

2 Likes

Seriously I agree I LOOOOOOVVVEEE Sombra, but quit trying to pull others into the trash with the don’t buff x because y got nerfed when heros like Dva get all the love…

Also

“ttps://m.facebook.com/overmemes/photos/a.255179011506160.1073741828.255064584850936/627949634229094/?type=3&source=48”

Add an h lol

But why not? Hanzo, currently one of the best DPS in the game, and an announced nerf already has people asking for compensation buffs, even though he will STILL be top tier.

Meanwhile, there are other heroes, and not just Sombra, that are wishing they would at least get dirt kicked into their faces instead of completely ignored.

2 Likes

That’s just my life in a nutshell. Then again, if my teammates won’t protect me I’ll just do it myself sometimes. I’ve been able to (somehow) take out Reinhardts that got too eager and tried to chase after me and kill me.

2 Likes

Because they need to start proactively fixing their nerfs not just nerfing almost immediately and leaving characters in the trash.

Calling for no buff just because you feel bad for your main or others that they have done similar too doesn’t mean it’s going to fix the main problem. You know nerfing characters based off of feelings. I don’t feel I should be hacked I don’t feel I should have to deal with rez I don’t feel I should have to be oneshot…

Right, I agree, but Hanzo doesn’t fall anywhere near that category.

They put him out, realized his Storm Arrow was a bit over the top, and dialed it back some. That’s less of a nerf and more of an adjustment.

I’m not calling for no buff strictly because of one hero for another (albeit still being a reason, I won’t deny that), I’m calling for no buff because he doesn’t need it or deserve it.

They are only nerfing him to remove oneshot ING potential but it also has the side effect of removing his overall damage potential.

What problem do you have with my suggested ability other than you just don’t believe he should have one?

Right, because potentially deleting tanks with a single cooldown is bad.