Genji's pick rate in a tank meta proves he's OP

Conversely, he was the least used dive hero in dive.

2 Likes

No it proves that Nano-blade is the most powerful combo in the game cause why play smart when you can 1 shot people without them being able to react?

1 Like

How is he thriving when his winrate isn’t even 51%

Ana main? No. I played a few hours of Ana last season. My top played heroes in comp are Widow, McCree, Torb, Soldier, and Hanzo.

What do you suggest they CHANGE about him?

Deflect should have a 0.5 second cast time, and he shouldn’t be able to deflect during his ultimate.

They should also look at removing some of his animation cancels.

It already has a bit of delay between when you cast it, and when it activates. Adding further delay to this would just ensure he dies in situations where he needs it. It’ll make it more of a pre-emptive ability than it ALREADY is.

Which ones?

1 Like

I think Ana is the character that is OP and characters that synergize well with her in turn become OP. Tanks, Genji, GOATS.

1 Like

Tanks utterly destroy dps heroes anyway, you don’t need a Genji for that…

1 Like

And then nano is useless on most heroes… It’s really only melee that’s any good.

It makes sense that Genji will be doing well right now.

Unlike many other characters he is able to confirm a kill on a target that is behind a barrier.

Most of the other characters in the game just can’t do that and it’s not feasible to break all the barriers.

Characters who are doing well are either able to outright kill, confirm kills through barriers or have tools that help the team against specific threats.

To make Genji not as valuable in this meta they’d have to make his dash incapable of passing enemy barriers or something. (at which point, traditional goats would be even stronger and we’d have even less viable characters)

1 Like

GM here, Goats isn’t in every game like some people believe

2 Likes

Genjis on the forums just spout that so they can pretend Genji isn’t too strong.

3 Likes

GM here, Goats is picked almost every game. Usually the only games without Goats are the ones with stubborn DPS players, which just means one side runs Goats and the other cuts either D.Va or Zarya because of their DPS player.

Even in dive Genji wasn’t anywhere near too strong so I don’t see what the point you’re trying to make here is.

5 Likes

No, low ranked players who aren’t up here do. And he’s not too strong, he’s as good as you are. His kit is directly based on the skill of the player, that’s why he seems strong. Genji is easily punished if he is playing poorly, people that are high elo with him are there because they deserve it.

Almost every time I am seeing goats they are losing. I can think of one game recently that goats won, and we had a DPS playing moira when we already had an Ana and Zen and had one tank.

Edit there is almost always one player trying to force goats however.

1 Like

Who woulda thought having a incredibly high mobilty hero with a 1 shot combo with very little counter play and best tanking ability in the game capable of surving 90% of everything and sending damage including ults back would be OP?

5 Likes
  • Mobility that makes him easier to hit
  • A oneshot combo which requires more mechanical skill to execute for the same value as a sniper headshot
  • Far from the best tanking ability in the game, even after it’s nerfs DM is still infinitely better at tanking, as is Zarya bubble. Deflect is only good in an offensive context, it’s downtime is equal to a Zarya self shield and gets interrupted by stuns.
  • Yes, it’s capable of sending ults back, but if an ultimate gets deflected that’s solely the fault of the person getting their ultimate deflected. Reinhardt is capable of hardstunning an entire team every fight, but if that happens it’s because the enemy team is misplaying and being punished for it.
6 Likes

What are you implying here? That a player with both the mechanical skill and gamesense to reach and perform at a GM level doesn’t deserve to be there?

2 Likes

wow…

This is why I don’t respond to Genji players on the forums - because they make insane claims like Genji’s mobility makes him easier to hit.

5 Likes