Genji QOL Change Revert Discussion

Genji main: gets QOL buff
Genji main: IT DOESNT LOOK COOL

1 Like

The implementation of such change was extremely shady, there was no reason for them to be so secretive about it. It never gained any public notice or traction BECAUSE it wasn’t talked about in the patch notes, meaning there was no proper feedback given to them about the change.

Had they listed it as a QOL change, I highly suspect a toggle option wouldve been feasible.

But, due to them not mentioning it, it was perceived as a bug, meaning we couldn’t ask for refining or an option to toggle it because we expected it was going to get removed anyway.

I agree, it honestly could’ve been handled a lot better.

2 Likes

Do you understand a fellow Genji main’s pain now, friend? :'j

This wasn’t why though.

Many people including Necros and a few other streamers felt it to be strange and glitchy almost to use, which is why it was called for removal, they thought it was a bug.

This could’ve been handled a lot differently and made into an option instead of a forced change, like Lucio’s wall run.

3 Likes

I don’t play Genji, but that sure would seem like a good buff ! I barely see any Genjis out there, and I already imagine some plays where an enemy goes to take a Health Pack, your Widow used her Wallhack and then boom you dash around a corner and kill 'em. That would actually be nuts

2 Likes

Could you please tell me what button is that? Been playing Genji since 2016 and still haven’t found it. M8.

6 Likes

Right! It’s another flashy play dude. And you can still ghost dash!! I’m not even mad at the streamers anymore dude because if they TOLD us what it was then those streamers might have been hype for trying to use it and FOUND those uses. If they dont tell us it’s on ptr when Echo drops no one is going to try it, and then when it launches it will feel buggy to those people. I seriously feel like this NEEDS to at the very least spend some time on ptr LISTED as a change and then maybe they can introduce a toggle.

Yeah but if they were able to give up a niche tech for a second to investigate another they probably would’ve adjusted instead of immediately dismissing it because the cool flashy niche play got messed up. Either way though it’s the dev’s fault for just not saying what it was

If it went on the PTR without a toggle option would you be interested in trying it again with the knowledge of how it works / what it’s for?

Without a toggle, probably not.

If it was more refined and felt less weird to apply, then I’d by least test it again before deciding if it’s bad or good.

1 Like

Dunno, but in all honesty most streamers dont look or want to pay attention to the forums, and most if not all streams dont let you post links for obvious reasons of people abusing it.

I mean you dont need to link to promote. At this point just say “there’s a thread in general” or talk about what the devs did and general and people would probably find it.

Also depends on who you’re planning on going to to promote it.

If it’s someone with a popular stream, chances are its futile since the chat moves so fast.

I just really hope it doesnt get axed forever. Idk it seems like a small change but personally it made his playstyle so much smoother.

1 Like

Ahah get rekt m8 thats our illuminati secret technique sry no newbs allowed

How did you feel about the QOL change / how do you feel about it being yoinked as soon as it hit live?

Can’t tell if anti-Genji troll or pro-Genji troll lol

3 Likes

I think we literally had no time to test it.
A couple of streamers complained and it was gone.

You know how things work around here. The whole community complaints about something for months and Blizzard won’t even blink. But if a popular streamer/OWL player complaints… It’s done.

2 Likes

We should try to make this thread big so that when Youtubers could potentially make content out of it since it is a patch, lots of people usually go over those notes. And tbh I feel like this is really controversial, I’ve already found a few players that also really liked it

This guy clearly has played a lot of genji in his life.

3 Likes