Genji Nerfs Are A Slap on The Wrist

2 dmg per shuriken with -6 if all hit and -12 if all headshot is no joke
I think he’ll be fine
He needed the slap on the wrist

Although I understand how jealous some people could be because their favorite hero for sledgehammer in a week or two

I’ve also experienced that

Looks at Symmetra:eyes:

2 Likes

cries in symmetra :sob:

Were you not there for double shield? Were you not there during goats? Moth meta? The hero has been unpickable to subpar for years, he finally gets buffs and he’s good for what a month and a half? The problem is nano blade but they choose to nerf his base kit making him into even more of a blade bot? Genji aside idk why you guys complain about tanks being bad, but then when a support gets a buff that dumpsters tank ults and abilities you all say nothing about it.

1 Like

If you still haven’t figured out how to deal with and react to Dragonblade, I don’t what to tell you.

If you still haven’t figured how to deal with Deflect cancellations BEFORE this new additional cancel, and if you cannot figure how to deal with mind-games and quick thinking. I don’t know what to tell you. Perhaps more simplistic games or less thinking games would be more suited to you tastes?

Depends on the definition. If you’re holding power creep to the same standards that Supports and healing creeped managed, then yes, there’s no real power creep.

TTK was always pretty low. It has seen some substantial time increases, however, most notably due to the increase in mitigation and healing sustain that’s been apparent over the past few years with new heroes. This is in-turn did lead to a reaction and a demand for greater burst-damage heroes, but also Blizzard (rather correctly), understood that direct damage increases were going to cause a power-creeping effect and went instead, towards making it easier to apply damage for the Damage-class.

Eh… a lot of the utility in Overwatch is “hard” utility rather than “soft” utility. There’s only so many ways you can apply damage-boosts for a team and a limited number of abilities than a Support can have and must have at least some base-level requirements (Self-healing, and direct, consistent healing).

If you played back in beta, you’d understand that Genji saw a damage reduction of 32 to 28 and the loss of Zenyatta’s “infinity orb”. There was a debate, even, to lower Genji’s health to 150 instead of reducing his damage. Things basically worked out well enough that the damage reduction was good enough.

Definitely.

Double-barrier still exists.

Most of this is hyperbole.

He does struggle a lot more now thanks to the shifting compositions that put his biggest challenges (Tanks) to the forefront. Genji is fairly balanced across all other engagements, usually having a slight advantage or disadvantage, but nothing terribly lopsided (unless it’s Symmetra or some other static defenses). So he needs weaknesses, and Tanks are those big ones that limit him to what he can do. Similarly, Echo and Doomfist have similar troubles. And this isn’t really a bad thing.

2 Likes

He had 32?

Bruh
I can’t believe it

It’s not that he’s bad, but he’s just clunky right now. If you fan and dash and immediately fan again, there’s a noticeable delay. Like, there’s no reason to revert his attack delay buff as he was balanced before the 4 other buffs came in

Twenty characters

u sreiously want him more nerfed are u mad

Eh, for now I’ll wait and see how it turns out. Who knows, it might be just enough, although it’s kinda hilarious how they will not touch the ultimate itself with any nerfs despite being so strong.

its 30 which were it shud be at

Nope, quite sane, as he’s still very strong on Experimental. We’ll have to wait and see but I can almost guarantee that they’ll nerf him again.

in my opion this is wat they shud do nerf his ultimate gain rate its WAY TO FAST coming from a genj main tehy shud also put his deflect back to 1.5 instead of 2

1 Like

If you think these nerfs are small then you don’t know how Genji operates. He can no longer triple headshot melee squishies, he can no longer triple headshot/dash/melee 250 HP targets. And the timing nerf is huge as it punishes him even more if he misses his first alt fire when he is in the middle of 6 enemies with no reset.

These should have come with a revert to the deflect length buff, and a removal of his ult activation dash reset, and his ult speed boost.

He’s still going to farm with his kit purely based on the M2 spread reduction he got. If he’s keeping that, his ult needs a big nerf.

1 Like

ummm actually what gave him the increased ult uptime was the extra damage

so that got nerfed and its even lower tahn before the nerfs

1 Like

His potential DPS is lower, but in reality before the spread buff you were never hitting that max DPS with him anyway. Now he brawls with M2 and lands all 3 shurikens way more reliably than he ever could before, he’s still easily going to do more damage than he did pre buff.

2 Likes

Not necessarily since the spread buff is still there, which is still technically more damage than before the damage buff. You’re still going to hit 3 shurikens a lot more consistently with his Secondary Fire which will build up quick ult charge.

Yeah but the damage is less.

its easier to land but the damage is less, so idk what that means exactly i cant calculate that, though wht i can calc is the damage, and i did.

I think the issue with Genji is when he is really Nano Bladed. Ana doesn’t need a nerf, but the strikes doing 180 a swing is just too good.

If Blade was 100 a strike it be fine (150 a swing nano). You can even increase the duration of his blade time.