Genji just got buffed on the PTR

It’s more of a bug fix then anything…
But it’s still good…

14 Likes

clickbait title lul dude

5 Likes

Depends on whether or not this means that it sometimes doesnt, or never did and now does. Either way, not that huge of a change. I dont think this will be making genji all that much stronger.

Sorry I don’t get that fix.

If Genji deflect dmg boost projectiles is ok.

But since deflect is a defensive ability why if he’s boosted he should do more damage with… deflect?

3 Likes

I’m not about to damage boost a deflecting genji. I’m busy wasting 8 seconds healing up d.va so she can finally dive that widow

8 Likes

Meh.

20 CHARACTERS!!

It’s not, if genji is damage boosted it applies to deflect now as well (Nano, supercharger, etc.)

Man, baptiste boosted reflected firestrike…

that’s how it’s supposed to work though…

1 Like

Wasn’t it always a thing?
Then It became a bug that was just fixed?
(I could be wrong tho)

I was thinking he supposed to deflect dmg, not make it stronger?
So what when he deflect dmg boosted bullets?
I kind of lost…

1 Like

DIdn’t think it was a thing before, especially considering how they slither some balance changes as ‘bug fixes’

Hm. I always damage boosted Genji during deflect because I thought it was working. I didn’t realize there was a bug that was preventing it. Good to know!

As a Mercy main, I approve of this bug fix.

Here’s an example: If genji is nano-ed and he deflects the fire strike, the fire strike will do 150 damage (becuase nano is 1.5x dmg boost)

As far as I know, if Mercy damage boosts Widow, and Genji reflects the shot, it is not damage boosted because the Mercy was not damage boosting Genji.

But if Mercy is damage boosting Genji, the deflected attacks are boosted.

That being said, this thread brought it to my attention that it wasn’t working as I thought, so… /shrug

Yea but if rein is nano then he still deflect it with a dmg boost right? If genji is not buffed at all

Thats exacly what i wona know, do genji deflect dmg boosted shoots as dmg boosted or normal shoots.

I think if rein is nano-ed then the damage will stack on

I will have to look it up and see, but I don’t think so. I think once Genji deflects something, it’s treated as Genji’s attack, which is why if he kills someone with a deflected ability, it shows up as Genji’s firestrike in the killfeed. But again, my world has just been turned upside-down with this new info on the bug fix so I will have to do some research and testing.

I always like to know what I can and cannot damage boost so I can capitalize on the goings-on during matches.

2 Likes

Welp, i would like to know also but not because of how mutch dmg i gona get into face when i shoot genji for sure XD

(i get hit by delfect a lot)

So in theory nano rein shoots fire strike to nano genji who deflect it, and it become mega fire strike ? XD