Genji just got buffed on the PTR

thats how it should be so its more of a bug fix than a buff. but it does help alot so i could see why it could be called a buff

Thatā€™s a bug fix. My question is when are they going to fix Ashe so she gains ult charge while BoB is out.

I think ashe fix not gona be added to ptr, so we gona wait for any update to main game for that.

2 Likes

This is a quote from someone who was asking about this same topic on Reddit. I do not have link privileges anymore (I am trust rank 0!) and Iā€™d like to mention this discussion was from 2 years ago but I donā€™t recall anything changing much regarding deflect.

When you deflect something, the game treats it as if you (Genji) was the one who shot it, so it will take into account any damage buffs you have on you, but will ignore any buffs the original projectile might have had.

Which is what I had assumed all along. Again, I will try and test this out and keep doing research.

if a nano rein shoots a fire strike on non damage boosted deflect
on live
genji deflects it with 100 dmg (which is wrong coz it should consider all damage boost)
on ptr
genji deflects it with 150 dmg (which is how it should be
if nano rein shoots a nano boosted deflect
on live
on ptr (i assume 225 would be the damage)

(ummmmm)

1 Like

Yes, then I believe it is 225 damage

1 Like

Itā€™s a fix not a buff. Once he deflects the projectile it becomes his since itā€™s in his possession. It has always worked that way, so why would it not apply his dmg boost since itā€™s now his projectile?

1 Like

Itā€™s fixed in 1.37.

1 Like

Some people had some sick plays with Ashe in a few games I had teammates with her. Bob could have changed the tides of a few team fights if fixed sooner.

:open_mouth:
I never gona use fire strike as nano rein again (tho its someone who said it work other way and rein boost will not count, so i might wait for chance to see it myself i guess)

I always deflect reins firestrike If crybabies dont cry about it I AM GONNA ACTUALLY POP OFF NOW

And people like you are reason why ana on my team cant realy belive in me protecting her XD

Imagine deflecting dragonstrike while nano-boosted now

dragon strike does not take any effects of damage boost on it now.
unless they removed that nerf

With orisa buff and inbetween baptitse amp matrix

Thatā€™s 450 damage sir XD

Nano Firestrike is like 150 damage. Genji would only deflect 150 damage. What are people talking about.

I thought this was a bug fix so if Mercy or Orisa/Baptiste is damage boosting Genji during a Deflect. The damage boost will be on whatever he deflected.

Iā€™m more interested in what the OW team is doing while we are fixing the game for them.

It is.

Sound more like a bug fix.

You do know the difference between a bug fix and a buff, right?