Game/Team/Match voice chat not working on Xbox One console

Okay so Overwatch isn’t letting me use the voice chat at all… I have tried to mute myself/unmute myself in game, I can’t see or hear anyone in the voice chat, it will let me join but I can’t just hear anyone, I’ve reset the game and my console a good few times and it still isn’t working, can someone please help me? I don’t know what else to do.

1 Like

Hey there! We aren’t aware of any server-side issues that would be preventing players on console from connecting to the voice chat service at the time of this message. In most cases, the underlying issue is isolated to a console setting or network-related problem. With that in mind, your best option is to contact Microsoft’s Xbox Live Support for assistance, as troubleshooting console voice chat falls outside of the scope of our support.

If you have no luck, it would be best to speak with your Internet Service Provider about troubleshooting the home connection and (if you are stuck on WiFi), troubleshoot the home’s WiFi strength to the device is stable.

I hope this helps!

This problem happens to me too, and I’m on Xbox. Here’s a solution - press the Xbox button on the controller > browse over Overwatch so it’s in a color that your Xbox is themed to > press the 3 Lines button > Press Quit. (this restarts your game) > Open Overwatch again. You being able to hear everyone in game chat but not being able to talk is caused by you disconnecting your physical mic while Overwatch is open. My mic sometimes disconnects because of the coord position being stretched a bit too much. When you reconnect your physical mic, your input for your mic in Overwatch and in Overwatch only will not go through to the rest of your team.

Edit: There must be a problem where Overwatch can’t detect your mic after it disconnects, maybe it must be detected before you press A in the start menu to join the game server.

Skelgarer, there was another thread related to this a day ago and an agent said they were aware.

1 Like

Rancidword,

Yeah, sorry for the confusion, we’re aware of the problem and have sent it to be looked at. We’re tracking a number of issues across multiple games at any given time and it looks like Skelgarer may have just missed this one. I pinged him to make sure he’s in the loop on this going forward. We’ll let you know at this thread if there are any updates.

To make sure all the reports get to one thread, I’m going to lock this one. Please use that link to keep updated!