Games Like Apex Shows Overwatch Is Too Team Dependent

overwatch is team dependant…in a team game!!! blasphemy…those crazy devs…what were they thinking!

2 Likes

No solo mode. 3 man squads. You can queue solo to be put with other random people.

But the two other randoms have always played as a team. In OW there are at least 3 others off doing their own thing, thats not a team

1 Like

These are all HORRIBLE balance suggestion. You realize Lifeline would be 100% required in all matches after that, right?

4 Likes

Just give to the Robot a HEAL and both Tanks should have recover “shield” ability as well

you know what…you are crazy…

also…Apex is team dependent…if you dont have your team, you more than likely will lose, simple math 1v3 rarely means a win for the 1

You know Apex is a FPS right :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

shush…let the dumb people lie…

Most team-based games usually have strong solo-carry potential if you’re really good. R6S or CSGO - team is important, but that doesn’t stop you from doing teamkill alone. Farmed carry in dota or lol might just win late game teamfights alone and stuff like this

3 Likes

I don’t know. It’s definitely possible to hard carry most games until you reach your peak, which is how it should be. Can you imagine how much more people would complain about smurfs if you COULDN’T shut them down as a team?

I think OW has the right balance in that regard (and only in that regard) but to each their own.

Yeah is me the person with 9k post spent 12 hours per day in OW forums instead of DOING SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE. Of course i lost the mind

1 Like

Someone the other day made a very good point.

If they are playing a different game, they are not playing this game. It’s not like people play 2 games at once.

So yes they are in competition with each other.

Dont make post of another game on this forums.
This is an Overwatch forum…

So, what you’re telling me is that the apparent majority of gamers prefer easier to pick up games?

fake surprised face

OW and AL are completely different. The only similarities is the abilities and ultimates, which i’m pretty sure a lot of games also have. Comparing a game that has been out for 3 years and a game that came out a week ago isn’t necessary.

But thats why some uf us play this game, to play as a team, not to be solo carry…

1 Like

Or when it’s three years old, and even the most hardcores are getting burned out. Not because the game is bad, but because humans tend to burn when overdoing stuff.

In three years there will be at least a couple fortnites and other shiny new stuff too, so I’m with Overwatch here. It’s a long period, and Overwatch is doing fine still.

1 Like

Teamwork is what makes ow so great … problem is the game was released without thinking how to deal with selfish players who ignore their team completely.

It doesn’t show that OW is too team dependant, it shows that OW didn’t add in the necessary features to make teamplay work.
OW has a communication wheel but it’s very barebone and doesn’t incluede some of the most important things, such as being able to communicate to your team where the enemy is.

OW DEVs are simply too idealistic, the game is buiild for a perfect world where there aren’t selfish people, everyone has a mic (and speaks the same language) and everyone wants to play as a team. That’s not the reality. Apex’s DEVs understand player psychology more and put in features to make it easier for people to play together despite whatever differences the players might have.

People take turns to select what they want to play and they can decide if they want to go for synergy or not, the legend choices don’t matter as much as they do in OW and that’s not necessarily a fault of OW. The person who picks last is chosen to be the person who decides where the team should go, people can split off but then they are likely going to be a solo vs. every other squad (there’s punishment in the gameplay for doing that). Langauge barriers as well as not being in coms don’t matter as the pinging system is excellent.
There is no “solo Q”, the game puts you with two other people and teaches you from the start what is expected from you.

OW does none of the above.

Apex succeeded in making a great multiplayer experience - OW has failed so far.

12 Likes