Gameplay sabotage is not: Simply making a mistake, playing poorly or an unwillingness to switch heroes

That’s how prohibition worked, right?

I’m ignoring it not because I disagree, but because by it’s own nature it is neither just, practical, or right.
It’s wrong.
You cannot have a competitive ladder in a game designed around class systems that are made to counter one another and also say it’s okay to be iron-clad in only one of them. It literally goes against the thesis of the game at it’s core.

All of which never occur anymore.

I literally can’t tell you the last time I’ve seen these three things happen because of the reasons above I already mentioned.

The thing is, they don’t really care if it’s abused. It’s too expensive for them to care, that would mean hiring people to check reports instead of hiring people to deny appeals and make phone games.

1 Like

I want to add that I rarely, rarely report, and only report when I absolutely know this person is trolling or being toxic. The one I mostly always use is abusive chat, since that’s the one that typically always happens.

I also do use my avoids when they’re needed, but I also rarely need to use them.

You have to understand that when things are up for interpretation based upon individual situations, it ultimately comes down to players’ personal definition of these things. Like the example I gave above about the Reinhardt, he was feeding. Which is reportable.

Someone breaking the law and not getting caught doesn’t mean they didn’t break the law.

You can, and Blizzard has.

I have not seen any statement from Blizzard even suggesting that mandatory switching is part of their core principles.

2 Likes

They rarely occur, and if I see it I report it. I don’t use gameplay sabotage for anything else.

1 Like

But feeding is its own reportable action, I believe.

And if I cannot clearly separate feeding from poor gameplay, I don’t report. Which is what you’re suppose to do because poor gameplay is not reportable.

3 Likes

That’s a stupid example. The problem there isn’t that they’re not switching, it’s that they’re refusing to heal while picking a healer.

It’s not quite black and white.

Off meta picks will be considered throwing or not doing well for the team… when in fact they may be the ones carrying the team and the people playing meta are doing awfully…

It should be if you realise you are not helping or cant contribute… switch

So whose to switch there? As the meta picks will assume it should be off meta shud switch and off meta have all golds and think they shouldn’t switch either

But they are dead a lot and look to be feeding, so their team make still report them for feeding

¯\(ツ)

No one ever goes, “hey, I’m feeding.” It’s an action that doesn’t need a statement behind it.

Kaplan literally refers to it in dev updates constantly.
And the perception of the company doesn’t have to match the reality of the game. It often doesn’t, especially in Blizzard’s case in recent years.

And no, Blizzard hasn’t. Have you even played comp recently? It’s an atrocious mess. Blizzard has created an amazing casual game that panders to the loudest minority, even though the silent majority doesn’t quite care for the problems of the minority because they’re woefully opinionated or built on straw-arguments and supplemented by horrible policies.
The best way to play Overwatch is in scrims or pugs, and Blizzard actively tries to shut down cash-incentive custom tournaments for Overwatch, unless you’re a huge advertisement-geared streamer for one of their games. Jayne recently only really got away with it because he’s an extremely involved coach for the World Cup and OWL, which gives him a lot of wiggle room.

Link me some where they say mandatory switching, not suggest switching.

Blizz already gave you a solution if you want to be picky about teammates.

2 Likes

And what if my picked teammates aren’t online?
What if there’s only 2 LFGs open? Am I supposed to play Russian Roulette with my SR until I wade through probably 9~10 games?

Anyways, I’m done conversing with you about this. You have your opinions, I got mine.

I hope you get many Mei’s that wall you off and get you killed that are protected by your precious rules.

Get more teammates or don’t play if what heroes people are picking means that much to you.

You’re suppose to make your own group in LFG, not join someone else’s expecting it to meet your ideals. You want to be picky then you put in the work to filter the teammates you get.

And I’m still waiting for this:

1 Like

…man this thread should probably be locked

Because it still negativily impacts other players’ experience in the game.

In the same manner other methods of throwing is conducted. Through intentional choices to handicap or to burden teammates for one player’s enjoyment or gain.

That is the definition of what it means to throw. So the whole notion that one tricling is somehow not even in the same category becomes false when it still adheres to the same reasoning and results of other behavior that is considered bad behavior.

And rightly so which is why it is dubbed bad behavior.

Teamwork is NOT: Doing what you want and ignoring your team.
Overwatch IS: a team game.

3 Likes

Because they are hindering the game by playing characters in situations where they are at a clear disadvantage. It has nothing to do with off meta or skill