Gameplay sabotage is not: Simply making a mistake, playing poorly or an unwillingness to switch heroes

It says it right there when you go to report someone for gameplay sabotage. Why do people ignore this and report people anyway for not switching?

10 Likes

Because people don’t agree with the in-game definition and feel differently about what constitutes gameplay sabotage. I mean, it’s against the rules, but that’s the reason.

8 Likes

Yeah, that about sums it up lol

2 Likes

Yup. Except some people just sit there and make up an alternate reality in their head where somehow the rule doesn’t apply to their situation.

1 Like

Because people want to punish you for not doing what they wanted/ expected. You’re not allowed to have a bad game, and dear god help you if you dont switch when someone asks because then you’re throwing

11 Likes

dont forget the mental gymnastics! “if they dont switch then they’re being a detriment to the team which could be considered griefing which is reportable.” Scholars, all of them.

9 Likes

Not switching can be applied under gameplay sabotage.
Say you play with a group of 3 other players.
They insta lock ana, mora and mercy.
Then they spend the entire game refusing to heal, and only using said heros as damge delers.

It’s not reportable but it’s definitely a poor display of bad teamwork IMHO.

Salt? I’m gonna say it’s salt.

1 Like

but however, that being said, If the same type of reports keep accumulating on your account then you have a case to answer.

I’m hardly a model citizen but have never had such nonsense on my account(s)

Because the report system is unmoderated, completely abusable, and everyone realizes this. It’s the definition of a failure, putting the tools to truly harm people in the hands of toxic players, who will never actually be punished for doing so. Just remember every time you pick a certain hero you have a chance to get reported by a community ``moderator’’ that decides what others are allowed to play.

4 Likes

sorry about that. But to be fair i don’t think that is a community-wide problem.

My advise, look into your behavior, chances are it it rubbing a lot of people the wrong way. The community really at the end of the day to large extent determine what is considered to be good behavior.

Cause i repeat, i have been playing since launch and have never had a warning or ban except for disconnects. And i argue with people like any other, trash talk etc but still nothing, I am also not a lucky person.

1 Like

I now leave voice and text chat the moment i hear the annoyed sigh at hero select. All abusive chat reports are now false (unless i spam voicelines)

So you are trolling?

1 Like

Reading is too hard for these idiots.

1 Like

Go read the post above yours. then read the first line of your post. you made an oopsie.

Not switching because you on purpose want to block the team from gaining healing (example) would be griefing.

2 Likes

That’s not really part of “Not switching”, that’s either soft throwing on purpose, or just garbage players.

1 Like

A symptom of the problem is that when some players run out of ‘avoid as teammate’ slots, which let’s face it three isn’t much in gold or platinum, they resort to using the in-game report facility regardless of whether the report is actually justified or not. They know that if enough reports occur then the player will be temporarily out of the game.

Not switching have been always considerate as a game sabotage because this game is based on Switching heroes and countering, specially right now when counter-picking is key to win games on current season.

Is just Blizzard is too lazy to update the report section.

Players who never cooperate/swap/communicate etc always gets banned because the automated system and because they get over 500 reports dictating it.