Game Updates on Launch - Pt3

Part 2 here

Original thread here
The old thread was closed stating
The issue originally posted was from November of last year and had a specific cause. That issue was addressed a long time ago.
Where in that thread neither the specific cause nor how the issue was addressed were explicitly stated.
Whenever I launch Overwatch, the Battle.net app will show “Launching”, then promptly switch to “Playing Now”, then switch to an unselectable “Play” button with a progress bar underneath with the bar drawn empty but the percent at “100%” and “Paused”. The “Play” button will remain greyed out and unselectable until the “▸” button is pressed, in which it will go through the following statuses “Waiting”, “Initializing”, “Reclaiming disk space” and I am at 100% again and the “Play” button finally becomes selectable.
Sometimes, however, after launching the game, it will actually skip “Playing Now”, jump right to “Updating”, where it will go through the whole process of “Waiting”, “Initializing”, “Reclaiming disk space” all over again to reach 100%, then remains in the “Paused” status, as if it had not just done the waiting…reclaiming update…

I have now updated the Bnet desktop app to 2.13.0.13501 (Beta) and the issue still occurs. I did not know my support topic would automatically become stale after 30 days. I can provide a video if needed.

EDIT: If any Linux users find this thread, it looks like the issue was specifically related to the Glorious Eggroll runners :person_facepalming:

This thread can be closed.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.