Game: Ruin a Hero In 1 Patch Note

You are the lead OW developer. You are creating the next patch notes. Write a change that would make a hero completely broken and unfun to play against.

The person below you is another OW developer. They will try their best to balance the change above.

This person will then also write a new, different change that would make the same or a random hero, completely broken and unfun to play against.

The third person, also another OW developer, will then try their best to balance the change above.

The third person, the one below, will then also write a new, different change that would make the same or a random hero, completely broken and unfun to play against.

And the chain continues!

Remember, you can tweak whatever part of said hero to balance them.

I’ll start!

Genji

Deflect
• Genji can now deflect the actual dragons, not just the arrow from Hanzo’s ult. He can create three dragons and swing them in a direction he chooses, just like in the cinematic.

Developer Comments: We don’t want to hear any more posts about GravDragon and we want this meta gone. Besides, we feel that the experience in game should mirror the cinematic and Jeff thinks it looks “COOL AF!”

3 Likes

D.va call mech has 50% chance to kill her

9 Likes

Zarya’s Graviton Surge now consumes the entire universe when used successfully.

Developer comments: We’ve been hearing a lot of complaints about the lack of “realism” in Overwatch. So we decided to listen to those complaints and made the game more realistic. Pretty neat huh?

11 Likes

To compensate, call mech now makes 30% more damage to enemies.

My turn!

Genji can no longer use the I need healing command

3 Likes

McCREEE, while reloading (with bullets left in the gun) he shoots his foot, everytime, and can’t walk for 2 seconds after it :laughing:

1 Like

–While saying voiceline: “I just ****ing shot myself!”

Edit: T for teen version–“Son of a GUN! I just shot myself!”

4 Likes

To compensate, he can now predict the future thanks to a newly added sidekick.

Even though he’s voiced by the guy who technically killed him. Or at the very least was his enemy.

Developer Comments: It’s a JoJo reference you uncultured swines.

5 Likes

But how will the box interact after Mcree is eliminated?

Mercy:

• Pretty much any change that’s not a rework
4 Likes

It’s already been done. The devs did it.

roadhog: 33% damage buff

developer comments: we need to bring back snizzlenose

3 Likes
  • Genji will now be permanently marked with a flag that alerts the team’s healers to his location and his current health pool - if he is at 199 HP or less, he will be marked as CRITICAL.

Developer comments: we felt that while the community has had its fun with the “I Need Healing” joke, we feel that it is important that players be able to concentrate on the battle - we hope this change will improve immersion in the competitive experience of Overwatch

Junkrat’s bombs are now able to magnetically latch onto targets at a short distance.

4 Likes

According to these forums, that’s already done by the actual Devs every patch. :rofl:

1 Like

Reinhardt after failing a pin recieves brain damage and controls are reversed for a short duration or until healed.

3 Likes

Sombra

Stealth

Now lasts indefinitely
No longer can contest objectives while invisible
Enemy detection radius increased from 2 meters to 4 meters
Movement speed buff decreased from +75% to +50%

Translocator

Now lasts indefinitely
Can now be destroyed (has 5 health)
Developer Comments: These changes allow Sombra to more easily play as an infiltrator and scout for her team, as well as give her time to pick and choose when to reveal herself to ambush her enemies.

Oh wait…

16 Likes

Beat me to it! Sad times.

2 Likes

Lucio

• Characters must be able to hear Lucio’s music to receive healing/speed. If the area is too loud, the character may not receive healing or speed boost.
2 Likes

But if he successfully pins someone and they survive, then they recieve brain damage.

1 Like

Widowmaker

1. Widowmaker can now shoot through walls while her Infra sight Ult is in effect.
  2. Reloading no longer takes Widow out of scoped mode
  3. Widow gains 50 health for every head shot she lands.

Dev Comments: We felt it was unbalanced that Hanzo was the only one who could shoot threw walls and wanted to buff her lack luster Ultimate ability while also improving her ability to self sustain and kill.

1 Like

Universal nerf: All heroes have limited ammo and require ammo boxes for more.

5 Likes