Game is dying for real now

SR is different from MMR

I played about
and this moment the game on the pass of being the new heroes of the storm …

Bread is also different from MMR. And so are a lot of things I never talked about.

You’re in denial lol

Fr, at this point im surprised theres people who still think the game isnt either in stagnation and decline. When in reality many people realised OW is squandered potential and jumped ship to find better games.

13 Likes

I came back in, after some time of leave to play some matches and noticed that only about 75% remains populated and the rest is empty with no slots filled now.

Fairly solid proof to see the servers not occupied, which shows the game is officially done.

Not like Bobby or any of them care at the top. All they way to do is sell and get out of the business, without leading the company anywhere but down a ravine.

3 Likes

the last 7 years suggests the opposite

My guy the first 3 years out of those 7 was the only time the game was at peak players. Youre not taking into account every screwup Blizzard made that hurt the playerbase time and time again after that.

Im surprised this game has a dedicated fanbase left at all after the devs indirectly admitted that the 3 year hiatus was for a shop update and a few balance changes.

4 Likes

less players =/= dead game

it just means less players

if the game was dead you’d know about it

I agree. A game like this with zero depth (bye PvE) lives or dies by it’s match quality…and I can’t say I’ve had a good match since launch.

1 Like

If you scroll up to other posts ive made on this thread, i said saying the games dying is the wrong statement.

However you cant deny its on a decline, and for a lot of people the recent pve news is just a catalyst towards that fact.

Its had no where near the longevity as its competition either. Apex, Valorant and CS grow in playercount on a frequent basis, because they arent mismanaged.

5 Likes

New players = dying game

https://i.imgflip.com/1jmzdm.jpg

I guarantee you those forums are also flooded with the same people saying it’s dying. apex especially. overwatch isn’t remotely unique in that regard

Its really sad to watch, I was emotionally invested in this game since 2018 the lore world colors and character’s were what made me try it, I don’t typically play shooters but this one worked for me. I just feel my time and dedication has not been respected by blizzard . havent played in a week and a half now and I still keep coming back to the forums looking for hope where there is none.

If OW1 serevers were still live I would rather go back and play that with no updates then continue down this path, I don’t wan’t to wait 2 months to watch an episode of this lore I loved so much, just to wait another (undisclosed amount of time) for the next episode so that they can get $20 from me for every crumb of story they decide to grace us with, Ill just watch creators play it.

You can literally check playercount on Apex on Steam alone.

Sure you get doomers in every community, but for OW especially the facts stackup. For a PvP competitve game, a declining one is more or less just as good as a dead one.

4 Likes

We’ve had people leaving in waves after the recent pve announcement alongside the actual pvp aspect of the game being significantly inferior to ow1.
Game sucks and the player count isn’t what it used to be and most certainly can’t compete with other games player count and viewership.
The game is on a steep decline, denying that is just objectively wrong.

3 Likes

the same people have been saying they’re leaving for years now. they’re not. sure the game has lost players, most games do

they’re being dramatic

are you bronze? ive never been paired with a new player in comp or qp

Im not trying to be toxic, but that sounds like copium. If anything those doomers have been proven right time and time again.

Blizzard has ruined this game, pushed it into a niche corner of the internet and took a massive poo over its casual playerbase.

Using its short lived success isnt anyway to disprove that. I mean the latest video on youtube has 32k dislikes and like 2k likes. Which is a good reflection on everyones opinion, which they wont play a game they have a negative opinion on.

8 Likes

I think you’re basing all of this off of the forums alone. sure people are dissatisfied but they’ve also been dissatisfied in the past and the game is still going