Game freezing with Intel i3 / Dual core CPUs

I have the same thing but in the middle of the match or at the very end

3 Likes

Thank you for this suggestion, I’ll definitely try contacting their support and making a ticket about this. There’s been quite a few threads now about this that I’ve found (though they are usually instantly drowned out by countless other topics, lol)

1 Like

I’ve just contacted them, and we should probably all do the same so they have more informations to work with.

Also, for those wondering, formatting / upgrading from win7 to win10 didn’t solve the issue for me.

3 Likes

Hey guys, someone tried to “reset” video/graphic drivers? :thinking:

already did a clean install, it still freezes

2 Likes

Hey guys, could that be that you all are using CPU with 2 physical and 2 virtual cores? Can somebody with same problem but with different CPU answer me and write down his CPU?

1 Like

Damn, so the only thing we can do now is wait Blizzard… :crying_cat_face: sad

1 Like

At this point we are 99% sure that the problem being caused by 2 virtual cores. I have talked with 20 people with the same problem, and they all had same 2 core i3/i5/g CPUs with hyperthreading.

3 Likes

I do aswell.
Hopefully this will help solving the issue.

My friend has 2 cores as well and his game works perfectly no freezing/crashing so I don t think it s related. I think it s related to the graphics card since most of us reporting this issue have either gtx660 or gtx 1050 ti or any other old graphic card that should still work given the minimum requirements but they decided not to pay attention to us since this issue is known since the first beta…

3 Likes

I wonder if RAM can be the problem, but I don’t think so…

Nah 6gb is recommended and I have 16 so it s out of the question

Guys do any of you have discord open while playing the game? Because closing discord solves the problem for me

It s funny how no dev mentions these crash issues anywhere or at least an official response that something to solve this is being done… Even though so many players are complaining about this issue

15 Likes

Has anyone got a customer service respond yet?

1 Like

Closing discord and steam indeed helped me for a while(around 7 games), and then it suddenly started crashing(freezing, had to close the process) again, without the discord.

2 Likes

I’ve done a fresh install and don’t even have discord installed yet, but it still crashes

2 Likes

I have MSI GTX 1060 and its trying to set my video settings to the max, because my PC can easily handle it, I have stable high fps, and the game still suddenly freezes.
I did tried changing video settings, but it brought no real impact upon the problem.
Btw what’s your CPU ƘȈĿĿȄȐ-2424?

2 Likes

I3-7100 3.9Ghz not a very good processor but My game still runs at like 140 fps before freezing suddenly so I don t think this has to do something with the issue

1 Like

I already miss the stability I had in OW1

24 Likes