Game freezes for half a second every so often

I’ve had this problem for some time now. Every so often during play my game will freeze for half a second. As you can imagine this is very annoying.

I have already tried changing the graphics settings, verifying the files and even uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

I do not think my hardware is limiting performance as I have a good pc and have not had this issue in the past.
i7 8700K
GTX 1070
16GB RAM

If anyone has had this problem and can give any solutions that would be much appreciated.

(Edit: This only happens in overwatch)

2 Likes

How much often ? Max that i’ve got in a day is 3/4 , and not that longer, it freezes like for 500 ms, can let you lose the battle some time, but, never be that annoying, is just the fact that a rtx 2080 and an i7 9700k will freeze (is not mine the pc :confused: )

It happens maybe twice every five minutes. It isn’t to much of a big deal but it can be very annoying.

1 Like

Try with the on/off of the reduce buffering, other than that i think maybe, set up on the mobo bios the ram frequency to what the ram is, maybe is that, i’ve done this to a friend pc, and, it worked, like, his pc crashes when on too much load, spotify will lag ecc… Maybe try this, and go with a cpu stresser to see if it lag, before and after that, if you have spotify.
If it works, you can still have that issue , bcz it’s a problem next the patch

1 Like

It’s not you, the game is broken

2 Likes

I think he/she already know that, but, thx :+1:

With any technical issue, please include a DxDiag for troubleshooting.

DxDiag instructions (click to expand/collapse)
  1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save.

To add it to your reply here:

1. Open the text file and copy all of the text.
  2. Paste the text in your reply.
  3. Highlight the pasted text and click </> on the post editor.

Note: If your DxDiag does not fit in one message, you can post it on Pastebin.com and provide the hash code (the numbers/letters after the .com) in your reply.

Note: I’m a volunteer, and I don’t work at Blizzard. :stars:

D8beYX6u - pastebin code

I think your microfreezes might be caused by several apps that are reporting errors.

Problem signature:
P1: Discord.exe

Problem signature:
P1: voicemeeterpro.exe

Problem signature:
P1: Creative Cloud.exe

Creative Cloud is the software for adobe programs, discord the best chat ever, and the voicemeeter is a digital mixer, an i7 8700k can support all of this, i have more things opened, and the microfreezing has appear after the patch some time ago, if the freezes comes too much probably the problem is the ram frequency on the bios for sure, make it as a fixed frequency bcz, in some mobo having the ram setting automatically can be a problem. Hope you can fix this quickly.
Btw try first to shoot down the apps

1 Like

I wasn’t implying the CPU couldn’t handle any of this. I think disabling them and seeing if they are the problem will help narrow down the troubleshooting process.

Edit: This issue could also be related to a Windows memory management issue, as discussed here.

3 Likes

It probably is, yep, but we don’t have to exclude the possibility of the ram frequency on bios, it can be one of the problem that with the windows one, make badly handle the ram. I’m not an expert on software, i know something, but is not that much to help people on hard lvl, so you have to do all the work xD, i’m not even english, just want to let you know of something that i experienced, hope you can figure out the problem. But i think that overall the problem is more on overwatch than on widows, for sure is ram related, but, idk, i don’t have experienced the freezes before the OW patch, oof :cry:.

I changed the rams frequency and that sorted it all out. Thanks to everyone for their input! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice to see that it worked :wink:

1 Like