Game crashes whenever I try to open Options

Every time I try to open Options, the game freezes then loses connection. I already tried uninstalling/reinstalling, scan and repair, and resetting in-game options from Battle.net.

1 Like

Howdy Fluffkin,

I didn’t see any crash reports being sent to us. Would you be able to provide the DxDiag so we can take a look?

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
    4)Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save
  4. Paste the DXdiag into the post, select and highlight everything you just pasted, and hit the “preformated text” button (</>). That’ll make the information much more readable.
It should look like this.

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).

pastebin (dot) com/uPSedJkh

Hey, Fluffkin! Thank you for including the DxDiag files.

The graphics drivers are not the latest, but they are a fairly recent driver. If you wanted to try seeing if updating them helps, I’d advise to use the DDU tool and then update the drivers for a fresh reinstall.

As an additional mention, there has been a known issue with 3600/3600X Ryzen processors after a BIOS update that has caused issues with game crashes, bluescreens, buffer overflow exceptions. It doesn’t look like this may be the source of the issue since it looks like an older ASUS BIOS version, but I wasn’t able to find the proper motherboard model to check. This is outside of our support, but many users with this specific processor has found that reverting the BIOS to one prior to AGESA 1.0.0.3abba has helped. So the AGESA 1.0.0.3ab may be worth checking out.

If the problem continues, there’s been a few bluescreen crashes on the system recently. It could be causing some stability issues with the game from functioning properly.

Event Name: BlueScreen
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: 3b

With this in mind, it is strongly recommended to contact a local technician to have them take a look at the system and the logs generated with this crash. It could indicate a driver, windows, or hardware problem on the system. It may help to run a system image and file scan, along with a memory diagnostic scan.

I have that same issue right now, literally done everything you would have thought to do to fix it. Scan and repair, resetting in-game options ect.

i have the same issue, did you find a fix?
never had that problem until a feel days ago, around the same time as you

i have the same problem here

Is there a known fix for this issue yet? It’s very frustrating.