Game Crashed, Can't rejoin comp, suspended?

So, here is the deal.

I was playing competitive when the game crashed due to and error of some sorts. Overwatch dont usually crash for me, so i figured; oh well i will just rejoin the match, as i have seen other people do that.

Now as i instantly rebooted the game, and wanted to rejoin, it says i cannot rejoin the game: Because i am suspended?

Why am i not able to rejoin the match?
I NEVER leave competitive games. I actually think this might be the first or second time i EVER got a crash or disconnected in competitive, so why am i suspended for my game crashing? This causes me to lose SR totally out of my control.

Please fix this ASAP

Thank you!

3 Likes

Leaving games for any reason is treated the same, regardless of technical issue or fault. More information here: Overwatch Technical Issues, SR Loss, and Leaver Penalties

If you have feedback on this system, please post it in General or Competitive, as this forum is only for troubleshooting.

I’m not sure that you understand my problem. You did not give an answer to it atleast.

My problem is NOT with me losing SR because if this.
My problem is that i was not able to rejoin the game, after the crash!

I instantly rebooted my game. It must have taking 20 seconds, but i was not able to rejoin the lobby.

I know it should be possible, because my freind got a disconnect yesterday and was able to rejoin the match.

So my question is: Why was i not able to? And why was i suspended for 10 minutes?

2 Likes

I can’t see actions on your account because I don’t work for Blizzard. Depending on the moment when you left the match, different penalties are applied. Leaving within the first 10 seconds during hero select will automatically penalize you and suspend you for 10 minutes. Other times you will have 2 minutes to return. I don’t know your friend’s situation, but I am guessing that they were able to return before the timer, or disconnected at a different time.