'Fun is subjective'

I agree. If this game was based on how fun is something to play against, then more than half of the cast would be gone. Tbh I really wonder how TF Mei didn’t get a rework at this point. You’d think that a freezing goddess would be pretty unfun to play against. Another one, sombra, which literally stops you from using your abilities. The community is biased tho, and will do anything to remove something like this. And I also agree, that Mas Rez clearly had faults, but I don’t think that mercy players were let down by the rework, but probably because they didn’t try anything else about it. I have always wondered… why didn’t this happen wth the Hanzo/Sym/Torb reworks?(well less with Sym but you get it)

Why didn’t anyone start a #RevertHanzo or #RevertTorb?(tho again, not much you can improve their kits without making them broken in lower tiers). Was it maybe that they got successful reworks or maybe because they were improved a lot better than Mercy? At first sight, yea, it was a success, but you can’t deny that nerfing her multiple times and STILL BEING META-until August or whatever- is NOT a good thing. Look at the other reworks. Sym and Torb only got buffs, and Hanzo was somewhat decent, but it still got him in a better place.

The point is that I am trying to make, is that the team should have tried to come up with different solutions, not a rework right away. In some cases like Sym or Torb, where you just couldn’t buff them because it would get even worse for lower tiers(tho if they are there, they are for a reason), or Hanzo, who was just bad and had only one ability worth his kit, then yeah, I agree, a rework is needed. But for Mercy, personally, they shouldn’t have done her so dirty.

3 Likes

Hey look, another person wilfully ignoring why the mercy rework happened. This is a new and exciting type of post we have never seen before!

3 Likes

And disliking Mercy’s new playstyle or thinking it doesn’t fit her is different and wrong because…?

It’s more like ya’ll are wilfully ignoring my point here. I made this thread to show the hypocrisy in dismissing anti Moth Mercy posts by saying fun is subjective.

16 Likes

Shhh, dont bring up that logic. It’ll make em have to use their brains for once.

11 Likes

Oh, I don’t like Mercy how she is now either. But hey, the lesser of two evils, I guess? :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

And in the same breath you may notice how those same people will claim how they are “open to other opinions” but yet, are committed on telling other people to give up on complaining about wanting it back.

I question this in detail in a previous thread months ago regarding this, Mass Rez Mercy | Interview, Dichotomy & The False Narrative. The amount of hypocrisy is quite startling.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

8 Likes

I’m honestly amazed and deeply disapointed to see that this is the kind of ‘logic’ that the developpers chose to follow. This is the most outstanding double standart I have ever heard of.

And let’s not even talk about how they have been “reading [the feedback] daily”.

4 Likes

Mass rez was fine to me, But others obviously not. I mean atleast now they’ve toned it down a whole bunch

1 Like

After Blizzard screwed up and made her immune to death while casting mass rez.

They didn’t like the play style they created once they made her immune to death while casting mass rez.

3 Likes

This wasn’t the only reason they removed it. Saying so is either extremely short-sighted, or deliberately omitting reasons to suit your desires.

Go watch the dev upate where they discuss the mercy rework. They list several reasons beyond “unfun to play against”

2 Likes

All caused by the moronic decision to make her immune to death while casting mass rez.

2 Likes

Doesn’t matter. Did you go watch it?

1 Like

I stopped playing Mercy after they gave her invuln. I knew where it would lead, been playing Blizzard games long enough. That is when I switched to be a full time tank part time support as long as it wasn’t Mercy.

I stopped caring what Blizzard “felt” was good for Mercy after they were

and allowed her the ability to get free large mass resurrections with zero risk involved. Those of us who played Mercy before January of 2017 all new it would be the beginning of the end. You know Blizzard though, never wrong, always right even to the detriment of their own game…cough cough Diablo, WoW, Hots…

1 Like

You…didn’t watch it then.

Or actually read my point.

1 Like

Blizzard caused the problem and instead of owning up to their mistake and reverting, I know how people love that word, the invuln, they reworked her. The rework was so bad it took 19 nerfs to fix, which would have only taken 1 revert to never have happen.

What are you even talking about? I never mentioned anything about invuln or devs owning up to mistakes or even that they never make them.

2 Likes

Everyone goes on and on about how “Blizzard did the right thing reworking Mercy because Hide & Rez and Overwatch League Mercy META”.

Blizzard would have done the right thing by not changing resurrect in the first place to grant Mercy invulnerability. That was the root cause of the problem. Everyone ignores that Blizzard screwed the pooch initially and instead of simply removing invuln we got Mercy spectator Mode Goooooo!

1 Like

Dude…go watch the dev update. They give several reasons they removed mass rez.

2 Likes

That was not the reason it left.

It was due to it encouraging a playstyle counter to the games design and the developer’s intent.

The strat of intentionally getting yourself killed as a team while one of your members avoids combat. Pretending to fight is not something anyone should encourage. It is even worse when BOTH teams pretend to fight and refuse to kill each other due to both having a mercy rez in their pockets.

3 Likes

They gave reasons based on the fact that at the time Mercy was immune to dying during mass resurrect.

Those reasons wouldn’t exist if Blizzard wouldn’t have screwed up and changed her in January of 2017.

Edit:

Mercy

Resurrect
    While performing a resurrection, Mercy now becomes temporarily invulnerable along with the allies being revived

Developer Comments: Mercy’s Resurrect has always been very powerful, but it often forces her to sacrifice herself to use it well. There have been changes in the past that attempted to help her in this area, but haven’t done enough to solve it. This change means that once she uses the ability, she will always survive long enough to be with her team again.

Then in August of 2018

Jeff explains that
“Lets say your a team that puts alot of effort into getting a full team wipe…you wipe out the entire enemy team, it’s pretty disheartening to have Mercy erase that moment with a full team rez. So we felt like her resurrect was something that needed to be addressed.” -Jeff Kaplan-

Those two excerpts go directly against one another. First they want to make resurrect more impactful for Mercy by making it so she will “always survive long enough to be with her team again.” Then once they make her invulnerable they think its too strong when she can rez 5 people and keep healing after.

They created their own problem.

7 Likes