From THE game, to just a game

I’d probably describe it as the same core gameplay, with a lot less reliance on teammates. (5v5 is WAAAY better).

I don’t know what “inferior features” there are? I’m guessing your referring to cosmetics or something, but I generally refer to gameplay only, when talking about a game.

1 Like

Yes, except unlike you, i don’t enjoy the game at all anymore.

The progression sucks

Matchmaking is awful

Connection is way worse than the first game

I have 0 fun playing anymore. Ive always preferred arcade, and with the Matchmaking in overwatch 2, arcade matches are all just trash.

3 Likes

“No good in competitive shooter”

1 Like

I only check in on the forums every other month since OW2’s release in the hope there is any news on the PvE Jeff promised in 2019. Until then, the game stays uninstalled.

1 Like

1.2k in game , have humster figure , i think my mentality keeps together by my internal Mercy. I like this game more than i actually want to admit.

1 Like

Inferior features like: on fire system, LFG, player celebration (end game cards for example), progress systems, competitive system, match maker, in game stats (still broken), friends list (breaks regularly), and the thing you mentioned, earning cosmetics. All of these systems are missing, inferior to OW1 versions, or perpetually broken.

Now the dev team has communicated they are working on most, if not all, of these. But at this stage, OW2 is basically a downgrade of OW1. Though I will happily admit the ping system and scoreboard were great additions. :smile:

1 Like

I got a jacket, scarf and a Mercy t shirt…

And now I’m just sitting staring at Umbra asking him why the game doesn’t feel the same.

I wanted to cosplay Mercy at one point. Never got to it and now I don’t feel like it.

But things change, from our perspective for better or worse. What matters is in the moment we all felt happy. And we’re all grumpy because it changed to be not how we remembered it.

Much like growing up I guess.

3 Likes

It is really, really sad. Remember when people used to get like tattoos of heroes they loved? No-one is going to do that now because the game is a pile of crap.

People fell in love with heroes originally because they were all so unique and different and brought special powers to the fights, everyone had their main and special things they brought to the field, now they have been reworked to the point where it’s just '‘call of duty-watch’ and no-one feels special anymore. Look at how badly they ruined Symmetra. She was so unique and different and they just made her soulless and hollow.

Worst thing is when they initially deleted Symmetra there were hundreds of topics on the forum asking for her to be reverted, even if it made she was still subpar people just wanted their hero back, and they ignored every single one. They didn’t reply to a single topic.

5 Likes

I have autism and ow1 was the only game I could sit and play for 10h straight. Ow2 genuinely makes my chest hurt and I feel kind of sad I suppose when I play ow2.

2 Likes

Hey, i tried my best :rofl:

1 Like

My friend was a hardcore fan.

He grinded to top500 and really loved the game.

He barely touched it after the first season of ow2. I dont think he will return anytime soon.

3 Likes

ive always been a fan but never bought any type of physical gift or anything. comic book, novel book or statue

although maybe i should get this statue…

https://youtu.be/QHu4UoOyGmQ

1 Like

Seven years is seven years, games that stay our favorite for that long are one in a million.
Be glad for the good times you had (and perhaps still have).

2 Likes

OW2’s balancing philosophy completely deleted the gameplay i came to this game for

4 Likes

how I felt about Fall Guys after they went F2P lol, the only difference is I completely quit fall guys.

2 Likes

Angry Puck already, said but I concur.

If you got a long detailed and organized comment like that- it honorable deserves its own thread.

1 Like

I mean, i wouldn’t know how to explain it more… Peacefully?
As for making a post, there’s already a post of what got lost compared to ow1, and i think that summarizes most of the stuff pretty well, sure might miss the personal issue that i put on the comment but point still stands

1 Like

I hear ya they changed Mercy, Mei, Brig, and Orisa… I swear I’m attracted to the heroes that blizz likes to change.

Facts don’t have emotions hun. Sometimes being blunt and putting on the table is the way to go.

2 Likes

Also in reference to the topic on things bought for Overwatch Merch and just because it’s tell and share time :joy:

I have a Lucio beanie, a D.Va hoodie, a mercy pop it, plenty of stickers, and I cosplayed brig in 2019 Halloween. I have long reddish brown hair with freckles so it wasn’t hard to cosplay.

1 Like

I think hard core left with goets . I think it was mostly casuals that played the last 4 years. Think thats why they tried so hard to get the high end to come back with this bs ow2. Now casuals arent having the fun we used to. In ow1 i could play all night get angry and keep playing fine. Ow2 i play a game and i get pissed and dont play for a week.

2 Likes