OW2 first time beta 2 players got the bad side

I played the first beta and it was so much fun. I believe they just made terrible balancing mistakes this time round. Please just voice your concerns without being rude towards the dev team. By voicing your concerns in a precise manner they can balance the heroes and game with guidance. This beta does feel a little disapointing and I definitely agree with that. They do need to know they did stuff wrong and need stuff to change.
This beta isnt nearly as good as the first, trust me.

1 Like

The community manager literally announced on the forums some days ago that he doesn’t care for the “1% or so” voicing their opinions here, so why even bother?

^- There it is.

^- There he goes trying to mitigate damage but basically say that the negative response on the forums was expected and yeah, basically make it worse once you read into it a bit. :slight_smile:

Yup. I played mostly supports during the first beta, and while it was worse than OW1, it still was playable. This beta somehow became even worse, and I just can’t say why.

Wtf, what is actually the point of a forum if you are just going to ignore the playerbase who makes your game thrive. Listening to the playerbase is via a multitude of platforms, such as twitter, insta etc. He needs to realise this. It may be 1% but that added up across different platforms is what makes it 100% of the playerbase. That sounds so stupid

^- That’s the part I can agree on 100%. As for the rest you should google “Activision Blizzard” and go on a little history detour, because it sounds you are new to their “business practises” (including the breastmilk stuff, and yes, I did NOT randomly make that issue up).

I dont agree its worse than ow1, the first beta was a major step up from the first game in my opinion. But i agree this new beta was a step down. The beginning of the downfall of this beta was the announcement of the dps passive change

That is not how any of this works anymore. Any negative reaction is spun as just ramblings from a toxic fanbase.

Next kotaku article: Toxic overwatch players harass blizzard employees on the blizzard forums.

2 Likes

Yeah I am definitley new to finding out about their opinions on this stuffm only recently started looking into it, thank you.

TL:DR of “my story”: Diamond five star player here that used to play with friends daily and lots, all friends left, game feels the worst ever and even I, the “braindead habit gamer”, am not taking it anymore.
This forum has two kinds of people: those with little playtime that paid into OW2 and voice up trying to depict a majority that doesn’t exist, and those that are disappointed and left or are about two. No in-betweens.

Enjoy your journey into the Activision Blizzard history though, it’s a story of lots of drama and disgust. :slight_smile:

Yeah, it seems that is the case now. As sad as the reality of it is.

I think people are just mostly upset because, for the most part, beta #1 was actually fun. The Mercy jump was on shift, so you had to press it to shoot into the sky. Sym was still sym, and a lot of changes didn’t go through yet.

Then they decided to just… do this? I don’t know. It makes me worried for the future of this game if these are the changes we’re expected to tolerate. I know it’s funny to harp on Mercy/Sym players, I do it too and I have an embarrassing amount of hours on her.

But if they’re making balance changes this bad, who’s to say they won’t mess up your favorite hero, too?

They already messed up my favourite :skull:, i love bastion but now he is even worse.

Any feedback here (what in whatever forum, Reddit or Youtube) will be promptly ignored.

Blizzard’s design and balance changes are made of:
50% OWL Pro Feedback
50% their “Data”

The usual feedback from us, mere mortals, is just ignored. You can just see how true it is by their recent balance changes.

I suspect the thing dragging down this beta 2 the most is cross play related. Especially because console players are potentially mixed in and grouped with PC players. I can’t stress enough how casual and absolutely carefree console players are. We also know many console players are connected on poor wifi connections and causing laggier issues than the average PC gamer. Not that some PC players don’t also use Wifi… But way more PC players use Ethernet cable than console players and actually care about connection quality.

Lastly Beta 2 is so over hyped around Junker Queen it’s created way worse queue times. This wasn’t the same with Sojourn during Beta 1.

Now I agree they’ve been very sloppy with mercy. They should probably just revert her back to OW1 mechanics and control schemes for now and spend more time on her in the future. Symm rework will obviously take more time too.