From Hero to Zëro

Why do you care about review bombing if it doesn’t affect you but blizzard? (even tho i really doubt it affects them as well)

This is a review bomb, last I checked OW was like the 6th most played game on steam for a hot moment.

1 Like

Blizzard continued to engage the Overwatch® and Warcraft® communities with live operations in the second. While engagement and player investment in Overwatch 2 declined sequentially in the quarter, the Overwatch team is looking forward to the August 10 release of Overwatch 2: Invasion.

This is a quote from the official report.
https://investor.activision.com/financial-information/quarterly-results

Lmao, you can say anything about the reviews but the general consensus is there. Not just in one place but all over the place are saying that the game is not doing well.

1 Like

Review bombing done by people who stopped playing OW1 and people who stopped playing when OW2 was launched is pure desperation. The irony here is that they probably don’t even need to considering the fact that many people who still play this game have qualms with it.

Feeling insecure about not getting negative perception on Steam is so unbelievably pathetic :joy:

Bruh what. There are like several alternatives including the very forum you’re currently on?? :sob: You and so many other ppl have been claiming to be silenced but that literally has never happened.

Former OW1 players all spamming redundant and pointless negative reviews to drown out positive ones and negative feedback that’s actually constructive is pure artificially bs engineered by people who just have a hateboner for Overwatch.

Because Baldur’s Gate wasn’t review bombed lol? That’s the whole damn point. Some loser right wingers were considering review bombing it because of the diverse customisation options but most of it got drowned out by positive reviews and reception for the game.

These people need to stop inhaling too much copium.

Stay mad, old player are still player that had played the game before, this doesn’t make them illegitimate to put a bad review

Blizzard don’t read the forum, lil bro :joy: This Isn't Going To Be A New Thing Is It? - #47 by AndyB-11735

Still players. “your opinions don’t matter you have to play 24h every day to make a review” Are you a redditor?

Yeah you are a redditd

1 Like

the simple fact you use words like “copium” invalidate your opinions. i cant take someone who use twitch lingo in every day life seriously. im sorry!

You actually can - with the achievements :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry but i have a life i’m not a BP slave. You cannot reach lvl45 in 2 days without paying.
and as someone who plays the game only around 1h per day i will need at least 3 weeks. Then in competitve games i will at disadventage since i dont have the hero unlocked.

1 out of4. wow nice. that’s too generous.

I see no world where it’s not going to disband. bobby overpriced the OWL slots by selling them 20M instead of 2M. The business model is a total failure. Chengdu hunters already left the league. The majority of teams are working with the minimum number of players and even signing their staff. The majority of teams are losing more money than what they’re earning. IDK which kind of hopium you’re smoking but owl = byebye

If players aren’t engaged and don’t like the game, they will not pay money. so it’s the same.

Twitch is a nice way to see which game is popular and which isnt. If a game is popular people are going to watch it.

I hope that you’re at least getting paid by blizzard cuz you’re defending them like it’s your own game. Even jeff (for him OW is his baby) left. it shows you how bad the situation is. Stop defending companies that are doing poor job. If you’re satisfied with poop, don’t make others eat it with you.

2 Likes

Yea sure man. Because even with all the facts you’re just gonna invalidate all the criticism and calling it “review bombed”.

Did I say the game is doing fine? Do you not have the mental capacity to consider that my objection to review bombing has nothing to do with Overwatch and everything to do with review bombing itself being scummy?

Y’all want me to make exceptions cuz it’s Blizz? Pls give me a break. :roll_eyes:

Don’t care.

A net positive for the game. OWL in OW1 destroyed it so :person_shrugging:t5:

The hilarious part here is that almost all of the negative reviews for it got posted on the exact same date and all of them are complaining about OW1 going. Are y’all immune to actually reviewing OW2?

Yeah cuz of review bombing. Your counter to this is just more examples of review bombing by people who stopped playing OW the second OW1 got shut down.

Besides Sty and a small handful of other YTbers, most Ow ytbers still play and enjoy OW. Most of them never put their hopes in PvE anyway because they always loved the PvP portion of the game.

Game journalists all collectively said the Invasion update was really good and that the story missions were well made lol. In fact, everyone on the forums were more upset that game journalists didn’t immediately say the game was horrible. :joy:

did they require you to have achievements to post a review tho? im not sure from what i read it only say play 5 minutes.

Lmao. You can ignore all sort of metrics, but ALL of them are pointing on the same direction.

No but you can see their achievements if you want to see if they actually played the game before.

the hero is locked/banned in competitive… guess for how long… 3 weeks!!! and btw i played i think 5h total so far and im level 33… there is so many achievements and challenges that give xp.

well i dont mind what you see. he said IT DISBANNED which is a lie lol

EDIT: i watched aspen play the first day and she reached level 45 in her 12 hour stream without buying any skips. just from playing

Nope, it’s 100% illegitimate to review bomb but it’s made 10x worse by the fact that none of these people have even played OW2 and half of these people are also complaining about decisions made during OW1s time lol.

So what? Do you think they’re gonna read the steam reviews as well? Especially when they’re being review bombed? Lil bro, they daf about y’all either way. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Call is coming from inside the house. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I ignored the Twitch metrics because even in OW1 times I didn’t care about it. When OW1 was at its peak, twitch metrics barely reflected that anyway.

twitch is not a good metric EVERY GAME have a peak on release then it change to something else. cause every big streamers play the new game everytime there a new game. so the biggest bulk of the viewers follow the new trends. there is of course some streamers who only play one game but most jump from game to game and whats popular at the time.

Because it’s literally the same game with some tweaks and the promises not maintained. You know they called it a sequel just to scam people believe it’s another game :joy:

I’m totally aware about that, that’s why they released on steam, knowing everything in advance, all it counts for them is to grab as much money as they can no matter the image they will get afterwards. Nothing to be proud about.

That’s why it smells

This is false. Heros are locked for two weeks.
You are level33 cuz you bought the BP and when you have the BP you get more XP. (you maybe also bought tiers with the bundle).
Even tho if i unlock the hero after two weeks, since i’m a Grand Master support, i will start to learn the hero two weeks after everyone which means if i pick it in comp, i’ll be playing badly cuz i didnt train in qp during two weeks. => which means i’m in a competitive disadvantage. (The hero is broken so it will be meta for a long time.)

Stop crying. If people that don’t like overwatch are “rEvIeW bOmBiNg” why don’t you as an overwatch knight protector/justice warrior go and “review bomb” it with good critics???
Obviously you cannot cuz the people that are unhappy with OW are waaaaaay more than the one that are happy with trash.
You people not wanting to face the reality is insane.