From a Sym main: There is no point

There is no point.

• There is no point to use primary. It doesnt really burn down shields. It doesn’t offer consistent damage. It doesn’t have range. It takes time to charge.

• There is no point to use secondary. It takes time to charge. Its slow. Its easy to avoid.

• There is no point to place turrets. They don’t slow anymore. They aren’t durable enough to do be able to do good damage. There is only 3, with a total of 30 seconds cooldown. There is no point to throw them if they die before they give value.

• There is no point to use the teleporter. Its easy to destroy. Its on a 15 second cooldown. Its obvious. Its slow. Its buggy. Its clunky. Nobody uses it, not even Symmetra herself at this point. Nobody likes the TP strats. It can’t escape grav.

• There is no point to turret bomb, its just a waste of resources. The enemy team knows how to deal with it, and it just results in a massive cooldown.

Dear Blizzard, there is no reason to pick Symmetra over a Reaper, Mei, Sombra, Tracer, Genji, Hanzo, Widow, Ashe. There isnt even any reason to pick her over some of the supports or tanks for damage. Moira, Brig, Hog, Orisa, Hammond, all of them are much more capable to endure a fight, and have just as big of a damage potential as Sym, if not bigger.
There is no point for Symmetra to occupy the damage category.
With the change to the teleporter…
There is no point to pick Sym.

Moderator: Please adhere to the forum rules. Edited to remove Blizzard from title and post.

79 Likes

How about another rework?

Hue

I just want her to be reworked again so she can hold the record of the most reworked hero in video games history!

13 Likes

I think she already is at this point

9 Likes

I’m afraid e-sports flashiness has made them succumb to the pressure of making her the team co-ordinating moving hero when in-game she is the most hated hero by the community. So yeah that’s gonna go well. Especially in a 2-2-2 meta where dps have to be all about kills.

They need to sit down and think about what Sym players want and need and they need to listen to every single reddit/forum post by Sym mains before deciding what to do.

Also as one, current tp iteration has good and bad stuff.
No one (Sym or her team) really needs infinite duration tps. The range buff was good, but the cd change is completely terrible. A 2-2-2 dps with her only dmg being a tickling beam and charging orb can’t even use tp bombs and have tp back up in a realistic time to reposition or survive stuff. So how will ppl die?

They need to compare Sym to the other dps when balancing her and not consider tp an almighty overpowered ability that is gonna break everything. It does nothing when 5 complete strangers won’t co-operate. And it often does nothing even if they do. Sym needs to be able to do more solo. That’s it.

Imagine Sym go against any other dps with her tickly uncharged beam or charging orbs. Reaper, McCree, Pharah, Soldier, Ashe, snipers, etc All pathetic scenarios for Sym. Why? Just because they think tp is so unimaginably powerful that she shouldn’t have proper primary, secondary and ability damage/damage rates. I don’t know how to make the problem clearer. I hope some dev sees this and gets a light bulb spark in their heads or at least tell us why the disagree if so.

Thank you for taking time to read my comment, much love.

34 Likes

Literally this. She is being held back just because of that stupid teleporter.

19 Likes

Biggest problem is that wallhackers always know the location of your ‘well hidden’ turrets. Blizzard anti-cheat tools are meager.

So… why do you main her if she has no point? Her TP is huge. If you are holding back a choke, you can keep coming back from spawn onto the cart. It’s a really good buff.

3 Likes

Except it was given no hp increase to compensate for the CD changes and dies to a sneeze. The only time it really won’t be immediately destroyed is if you’re using it passively to TP between cover with the TPs hidden. Sym having her TP destroyed already makes her a sitting duck. Now she has to wait for a full and even longer cd when it is destroyed.

I hope you like spamming orbs from safety, because the CD changes give her much more downtime.

17 Likes

For mccree:

Its pointless to use alt fire his primary is fast and stonger

Its pointless to use his high noon because his roll reloads gun already

Its pointless to play mccree widow is better kills and in one hit

6 Likes

What, thats ridiculous.
The thing about the symmetra one is that it has a sound argument (though extreme)

You know what this guy was trying to say but your taking it out of context.

It doesnt work

5 Likes

You are acting as if this tele isn’t infinite.

1 Like

The infinite part is great. But the cooldown is horrible. And it can be easily destroyed too. I mean…its a blue shiny thing that is as big as an average OW hero… And Sym is just a sitting duck when its destroyed. Why pick Sym when u can use Lucio to speed boost?

1 Like

You’re acting as if infinite means it’s indestructible.

Do you not understand how life or death it can be for Syms TP to come back to her in say 7 seconds after it’s been destroyed while up for a few seconds as opposed to 15? It’s current CD if it stays the full duration is 3 seconds. 3. It was literally quintupled.

23 Likes

Ay buddy im just walkin here. You walked up and started talking to me, so who really has nothing better to do?

2 Likes

You posted a random comment, on MY post that has absolutely nothing to do with any of your heroes…buddy.

2 Likes

I’ve played Sym before bruv and i forget what we’re talking about, but you said that like Sym was your hero. That was almost gatekeeping

Sym does have her own niche actually but it’s a pretty stupid one: Teleporter Taxi. The new changes seem to be forcing her into that role while really, bringing a hero for a single ability gimmick is everything that was wrong with her other 2 versions. What makes Sym 3.0 somewhat function well on live is the fact that she can maintain constant teleporter replacements to attack from different angles and pester the enemy while also providing allies with a free transport if they’d like to use it for once.

Nah I think Ryze from League of Legends holds that record.

8 Likes

please refer to the Misconception section (more specifically about “infinite duration one”) of:

2 Likes

Just checked it out, will add it to my post. Thank you <3

• Your primary has great potential if you can aim.
  • Secondary fire can be charged while in cover, then pop out and deal 120 dmg instantly and finish off your target with primary.
  • The turret slow on the PTR is bugged, same as Mei’s freeze.
  • Teleporter is one of the strongest abilities in the game. If you aren’t talking to your team and making use of teleporter, then Sym isn’t a hero for you.
  • Turret bombing is a cheese strat, so of course it’s results are inconsistent. A good Sym wouldn’t have to rely on it.
1 Like