From a sigma main.... Why? (Sym zar nerfs)

When you have the anti everything of hanzo, reaper still self healing for goats and a host of heroes just either dumpster or what have you, why would you be so rushed to nerf these two???
Yeah maybe beams needed tuning but the sheer powercreep needs tuning blizzard, cmon. Sym zaryas power level was actually checking bunker quite heavily and providing an alternative counter to sig. Also it punished barrier stacking.
It still might arguably punish but its the principle of the matter. So much has been meta for so long that the moment symm becomes semi meta and only then, viable and you rush out a nerfhammer.
Im legitamately dissapointed because this proves you seenthe issues, and just dont care enough to fix em yet. Shame on you and your activision puppetmasters.

9 Likes

To quote from the literal patch notes last patch:

• Fixed a bug in which full damage was not dealt by abilities that rapidly gain/lose targets, such as fast-tracking with Zarya’s and Symmetra’s primary fire beams.

Developer Comment: This is a fairly significant bug fix that can cause beam weapons to do much more damage in certain situations. In particular, Zarya and Symmetra will sometimes feel much more powerful as a result of this bug fix. We’ll be keeping a close eye on these heroes to make sure they don’t end up too strong.

Surprise surprise, the developers of the game were right. Both heroes benefited more than intended, and both heroes are getting tuned down as a result.

This has nothing to do with the meta or anything. They literally said that this was likely to happen, you have no reason to be upset by this as if it were some random knee jerk reaction.

6 Likes

Except you know
The fact that so much has been ignored for so long and you clearly didnt read anything i typed.
This was as close to knee jerk as you can get.
Shes only barely viable and only then if you ignore her completely but hey,nerf her and not the mass of problem buggy or broken heroes we have yeah sure.
Id be fine with this, if they didnt rush this so fast you thought it was ironclad bastion and ignored so much else.

1 Like

Translation: “Symm was finally viable and not a troll pick and we need to put her back where she belongs.”

2 Likes

She wasnt even that good. You dont feed her with barriers and you dont ignore her and suprise suprise, she dissolves pretty quickly.
Meanwhile hanzo has a “press e to kill half your team” button and nobody bats an eye.
Man. I had faith in blizzard. Guess i should learn metas instead of have fun.

Sym zaryas power level was actually checking bunker quite heavily and providing an alternative counter to sig

I play Sigma too and i can say they are not alternative counter to Sigma, but primary. Most of my deaths as Sigma end up from Zarya or Symmetra. I even manage to counter Reaper and Reinhardt.

What did I ignore that should be acknowledged?

The fact that you complained about Hanzo? Nerfed last patch.
The fact that you complained about Reaper? Nerfed a while ago, hasn’t nearly been a problem since.
The fact that you literally admit beams needed tuning? Guess what Blizz is doing?
The fact that you seem to think Sym suddenly useless against barriers? Don’t make me laugh.

You literally don’t know what you’re talking about. You just saw Sym and Nerf in the same general vicinity and decided you just had to complain.

If you seriously think Sym is going to be a troll pick after such a small nerf, you’re just wrong.

Remember when everyone said it was dumb that Torb got a nerf a few patches ago? Yea, no, he still stayed the exact same as before. Ya’ll just complain for the sake of it.

1 Like

Yup. Even if she goes 1v1 against a tank with full charge, the tank could still win if they are half way good at aiming. Hell a Winston just jump on her, melee then zap and she’s gone.

1 Like

How would you feel if S76 or Genji suddenly god a 7% dps nerf?

Everyone’s going off like this came out of nowhere… They said when they switched on the beam fix that they were keeping an eye on Sym and Zarya.

I hate to break it to people, but “keeping an eye on them” meant they felt like a nerf was likely enough that they had to warn people about it.

1 Like

I would feel it would be justified as well. Especially if in the most recent patch they got a bug fix that accidentally raised their damage and the devs outright said they’ll keep an eye on it.

Hanzo was less nerfed and more “see we did something’d” that made it so he cant kill every tank from full health, just most.
Reaper was nerfed? He has 50% lifesteal still, and shadowstep is used less then his ult, what are you smoking?
I acknowledged beams needed slight nerfs yes, but this comes barely 2 weeks from when she slightly hit meta. There are many many many issues we could fix we arent. Youre ignoring how fast they nerfed it to start and ignoring actual overall impact.

So if they aren’t used because they are so poor of a hero, get a bug fix that suddenly put then in a good place then got a nerf dropping them back down to sub-par you would be ok with that?

Objectively speaking, Storm Arrow’s output got reduced by 16%
And you’re saying that’s nothing while also complaining about Sym’s 7%

Was nerfed down to 40% months ago.

Doesn’t change the fact that they just recently added numerous changes to make it better.

Like I said, you literally don’t know what you’re talking about.

No, I’m acknowledging the fact that they said they’d likely do it, and lo and behold, they did it.

Everyone knew this was coming, the devs were 100% prepared for it and had a fix ready. That’s why it came so fast, it has nothing to do with your anti-sym bias theory.

Look id be ok with the beam changes, if they didnt hurry and nerf her ahead of everything else. Everything and i mean everything else wrong has been wrong for so long and talked about over and over and over but not balanced.
Symmetra got rushed to be rebalanced.

Yeap. Because obviously that wasn’t intended way to make said heroes stronger. If they want to buff them, they’d do so in other areas, such as their kits, not their base damage. Just letting something like this go leads to a lot more power creep than say a utility buff, as flat damage leads to less effective shields and heals, which in turn need to be buffed to balance things out.

I’m going to bookmark this so when they buff a heroes damage I can point you back here.

In which case I’ll just point out the blatant difference in intent. Accidents need fixing, which is what Blizz is doing.

Though, have fun waiting, because if you notice, Blizz really doesn’t like to touch direct damage numbers all that much, probably for the exact reasons I listed.

They really need to. Power creep is way too prevalent in this game. Dps are seemingly op because they were tuned to bust goats and the fact that you need double barriers against any kind of sniper comp just to have more then 2 seconds survivability is telling. The fact these patches mean you might as well not form any kind of attachment to any role or hero becuase wheel of meta is telling.

To be fair, they should’ve at least waited for the sigma/new teleporter hype to die down before deciding it was too powerful, beams counter sigma pretty hard. If they’re going to keep an eye on them, do it during a more accurate sample size when people aren’t instalocking new/changed heroes.