Frame Drops Server Wide?

Ive been getting constant frame drops since patch and asked in game during matches if I was the only one and it looks like everyone is experiencing the same thing in my games. Are you guys tracking this and is there an update or hotfix coming in soon to solve the issue?

27 Likes

Same, frames are going from a usual 220-240 to as low as 80 after this patch, everyone ingame seems to be relating as well.

4 Likes

Happening on console as well to the point where it’s unplayable :confused: hope this is fixed soon. Was about to play comp for the first time in a couple months

6 Likes

Fps drops have been happening since the initial Havana update, but hey hey" It’s the CUSTOMER’s fault"… got a RTX card? wow so cool but you’re out of luck if you want consistent fps and you get no support. Good luck buddy, and here I am realizing how true some people were when they said the game was dying and I defended it. :rofl:

2 Likes

I have an RTX card and the renaming method actually works for me. So no, when you own an RTX card you aren’t automatically out of luck. And the RTX card in general doesn’t have issues with FPS and the actual issue with RTX cards is that it can crash Overwatch; the problem mainly lies with NVidia considering bypassing NVidia’s gaming profile works for a bunch of us.

I also haven’t seen FPS drops since the initial Havana update either.

I noticed some slight “hiccups” during gameplay, nothing wild but new since that patch. FPS display is not that unusual, I only have drops when it switches to the killcam.

Yea same here i already suffer in performance cuz my machine is pretty old and suddenly after this patch the performance dropped badly so i asked in game and everybody is experiencing this too

I’ve got 2 systems with both a 2080 and a 2080 ti, we’re setting up a new system in the coming weeks with a new possible rtx super series card as well. While both of our existing systems can’t do 144 fps constantly without dropping to 80-90 fps, I’ll post here again when the “Super” series card arrives and finally plays Overwatch… if at 144 fps constantly that is.

Yeah this is a pretty decent description of the issue.

So PC is having the frame drops also?

It’s the voice lines guys, they are causing stutters(fps drops). It’s on every platform Blizz is looking into it.

1 Like

I am having this problem too.

Thanks for this report. We are currently looking into this issue.

9 Likes

Any sort of communication (hello, thanks, group up, ult ready, etc) seems to be dropping frames. Typing in match chat also causes frame drops - I was just in a game with a friend where 3 people flooded match chat and it significantly affected everyone’s performance.

2 Likes

I think turning on subtitles also hurts.

I’m not sure if it’s the same problem: Since the Summer Games update I got bad screen tearing (with g-sync on, and even worse without g-sync); and though I didn’t check the numbers the latency felt bad too.

This user’s solution fixed it for me:

1 Like

Its your anti cheat that you implemented client side. :+1:

1 Like

Now that you mention it, I’ve been getting those too.

I thought it was my issue, and it certainly could be, but count me in as someone having random frame drops.

i5 4460
RX 580 4GiB
1x8GiB 1600Mhz
Asus H81M-A/BR
Windows 10 Education 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134)
AMD Radeon 19.6.3

Running 1080p, render scale 100%, Model Detail Epic, Textures Epic, Texture Filtering Epic, SMAA med, everything else minimum (low/off).

1 Like

It looks to me, from my perspective the game is NOT utilizing the GPU like it should.

It started roughly the time of “moira” being introduced into the game and slowly has been becoming a subtle issue, which I talked about it in the past. With other Support members…

but this patch. WOW. I actually cannot believe how the FPS issue is! Medium settings for me are going from a 210FPS and dipping down into a 70 and I had freezes even. I’ve done a few “repair” commands from the game and it is not handling it too well. Im on a 144hz monitor so anything that drops below that 140 starts to look choppy.

I keep getting the issue every time my chat box gets a new message, even if chat box is hidden.

So when friend signs on, friend signs off, team player chats, match player chats, group player chats, friend whispers, player joins game, player leaves game, player says Hello! / I need healing / Understood! / Attack the objective / etc. All will cause a frame drop / hitch. I have to play with match and team text chat off to help mitigate it, but again no way to block receiving any of the other incidents listed above.

2 Likes