FPS loss when holding Tab to view stats

This only happened in this brand new patch as I was playing minutes before the new patch came out but anyway when you hold tab around 70% of the time I see major FPS drops. Going from 140 to 60 FPS. This NEEDS to be fixed because looking at stats and friendly ultimate charge is a huge part of the game. If anyone else knows how to fix this please let me know!

31 Likes

I see this as well. Anytime I push tab, my FPS drops from 50 to less than 10. It’s impossible to use!

9 Likes

Bumping so blizzard sees this. This is effecting me too.

8 Likes

Same here. Also the average FPS even without pressing tab is lower than before. Was 180+ fps now is 140-160. Pressing tab is lowering it to 50-60.

4 Likes

I lose a good 30 FPS everytime I tab, which makes it unplayable to use on low-end pc (50 to 20fps).

5 Likes

This is pretty serious. Not sure why more people aren’t commenting on this. I literally cannot play the game because of how critical this feature is. Blizzard, at least comment and respond you’re looking into this???

7 Likes

have you tried rebinding? Just to test

1 Like

Same, but I’ve strangely found that the severity varied per map/game (presumably depending on how many endorsements it has to render for each user in the pie-charts). Normally I get 70-90fps, but pressing tab drops me down to a framerate as low as 20.

2 Likes

Same issue here, thought something was wrong with my system.

1 Like

It doesn’t change anything, also it seems anything that requires a secondary menu load (like social to see your entire team and the opposite team) also lags like crazy if you do it in-game.

2 Likes

Just make sure yall tell everyone to comment in this thread. A big thread will catch some eyes about it. Bump if need to.

1 Like

I am also having this issue

1 Like

Try updating video card driver. I updated driver for my GTX960 to 398.36. It used to go from 120 to 30 fps and now it only dips from 140 to 110-120.

Still happening as of today, alongside various weird things with a bunch of heroes.

1 Like

I have also been experiencing this issue. Pressing tab causes some really serious frame drops.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen many other people talking about this, so I’m curious if not everyone is experiencing this.

1 Like

Restarting the client will fix it for me for approximately 1.5 games. About mid-way through the 2nd game, I’ll start having the issue again.

Additionally, I’ve tried locking FPS to 30, changing graphic settings, and everything else. Nothing seems to fix the issue.

2 Likes

I have the same problem.

1 Like

Happens to me aswell.

1 Like

Also happening for me. As well as others who posted on reddit.
Hopefully we get an update on this soon.

1 Like