FPS drop after the newest update

I’ve lost about 40-50 frames on average since the update and the game is kind of unplayable. I am running with the same settings that I used prior to the update, regardless of that even lowering my settings doesn’t seem to help my performance. It’s like I’m being bottlenecked, but can’t find where

4 Likes

I’m experiencing the same issue. I’ve never had any problem at all with the game but after the last patch, I dropped from my usual 60 stable fps to 40-55 fps and while I’m in a fight and there are tons of effects (bullets flying, light effects and all that stuff) I drop to 15-20 fps, which makes the game unplayable. I hope they find the problem.

Hey y’all,

We have received some similar reports and this seems like an issue where the integrated card is being used for some reason. Double check that Windows is set to High Performance. If you don’t have a performance/quality setting already, you can use the left hand side of the power plan window to create one.

Now configure the Nvidia settings:

1. Right click your desktop and go to “Nvidia Control Panel”
  2. Select “Manage 3d Settings” from the left menu
  3. Click the “Program Settings” tab
  4. Select the Overwatch Application in the list. If it isn’t there, “Add” it.
  5. In the options below, find “CUDA - GPUs”
  6. Set this to your Nvidia card, then click “Apply”
  7. Select “Configure Surround, PhysX” from the left menu
  8. Toggle the “PhysX” setting to use your Nvidia card.

Finally, reset the game settings to force it to pick up the changes.

2 Likes

fixed my issue. I had to set my “Target display” to the correct monitor instead of best match in the video options of overwatch

where did u find this?

Edited by Blizzard - this topic is being locked as this is an old post which was bumped. Please create your own thread or contact support.