Forums complaining about the free bastion skin is pathetic

“Bastion costs 1 coin so that you will get stuck at exactly 1 coin away from getting something you want to buy and need to buy credits”

The chances you wind up at exactly 999, 1899, etc. coins without any weeklies left on the same week something you want comes out are really slim, and even if it happens you can just buy 500 coins and put the leftover 499 towards the next thing you were going to buy. It sucks if this happens to someone but it’s not some grand conspiracy by blizzard

“It’s an epic skin that they’re calling a Legendary just to trick you”

What would this even accomplish? It’s not like they used the legendary status to inflate the price. Why do you even care what tier a skin is? There are plenty of characters who I own 10+ legendaries for but equip an epic anyway because I think it looks better

“it’ll annoy me having an uneven coin count”

I guess it is a bit annoying but really not a big deal

and also a related bit of whining I hear:

“The ice brig skin is too much of a grind to unlock”

It’s winning a single game in a handful of arcade modes and then doing some other trivial tasks like blocking snowballs. A few of the challenges take too long, but you can get the skin without doing any of those. 2 hours tops

12 Likes

I would be mad only if there is some awesome fomo skin that is timed to screw over free users.

All these future troubles could have been avoided if the skin was released as reward for completing weekly challenges or something.

Gaining cons is already too limited resource.

1 Like

At the end of the day its not free. Its just insanely discounted and requires one of two activation methods
(1) Finish 3 weeklies to get 30 coins
(2) Spend money.

Its so close to being free its like why not just actually make it be really free and just linked to logging in and getting it unlocked automatically? That’s the thought it leaves me with, but given the method is literally just do 3 weeklies for activation that’s no big deal to me.

I have no issue with an uneven amount. The game’s already so heavily skewed away from being truly f2p friendly that you aren’t realistically going to get anything you want without spending. The weekly coin earnings are so small and prices so high doing weeklies won’t’ even afford anything anyway.

Yeah and this is the most easiest thing to do in the world. Its like saying “Well its not free, because you need to have OW2 installed and log in to get it!”

Its ridiculous how whiny people here are.

7 Likes

The precedent it sets. Same with Mime Moira.

It is objectively an epic skin. Why would you ever argue against it being correctly labelled?

6 Likes

It is mainly a deviation from expectation. Log-in rewards are pretty common. Its an established practice people are used to seeing. Discounts are a thing people are used to seeing.

This is one of those really weird scenarios that straddle the edge of “Yeah, we know its effectively free, but why break convention on this?” Its obvious to be seen with an edge of encouraging spending in a non-direct way. People usually don’t enjoy that type of subtle non-direct engagement.

Who cares. The skin is hideous and Bastion is… Well, Bastion.

I wouldn’t even bother.

1 Like

It’s whatever, but why not just make it a log in bonus instead of having to interact with the store for it? Not a big deal either way, but it feels like one of those “Get people in the door in order to increase the chance of an impulse buy” kind of situations.

One of the biggest complaints about OW2 in general is the super aggressive MTX. So making people interact with that in order to get things that used to be “free” regardless of cost is going to get some pushback.

many stupid comments… except one

It’s the same ethic as making Moira Mime legendary: she’s not a legendary. however you want to see it, it’s not a legendary skin, and when it stops being “gifted” at 1 coin, the shop with its crazy daily/monthly rotation will put that skin at 1900 coins, the equivalent of a legendary.

People complain about this and halloween events because there is no content availability in their events and they make buying more prohibitive than lootboxing with credits… not letting anyone buy what they want ( thank you, ban shop).

and in the end what do we have? blizzard that hasn’t learned how to monetize a 6 YEAR OLD game, let’s stop pretending that OW2 deserves monetization like Apex or Fortnife even in its old content. or expect audiences to BECOME as paying as apex and fortnite audiences in the collecting experience that kept OW1’s final years alive.

Finally, something I can afford

1 Like

I mean it’s not that big of a deal, but it is kind of dumb that it costs 1 coin instead of 0. I guess that gets lumped into the same bucket of “complaining” but whatever.

They are trying to make it the norm. “Here is slightly changed skin with a recolor, now pay a legendary price”. This one costs 1 coin, sure, but they try to make it the new norm.

But to be honest in case of Bastion skin fo 1 coin I like the gesture it’s just that… why? Why doing it this way all of a sudden?

Watching people complain and try to turn this into a bad thing is hilarious

4 Likes

People who complain about that definitely have other issues they should spend their time on.

1 Like

It’s very toxic of you to call people pathetic. Call in the defense matrix.

1 Like

I know I’m one of said people OP is complaining about…but just like every other retort I ever get about these things, they always miss the point

It’s not about the fact that “it’s still easy to get, why are you complaining?”….it’s not about how much it costs…it’s about the anti consumer BS that they keep throwing out

Like you just said…it’s so close to being free…why not just make it free?

And the answer is because they can’t help but take every friggin avenue possible to screw their consumers….

and like OP said…the scenario that people like me bring up are probably not like super likely…but it is possible and there will be people that fall into that category…

It’s all stupidly unnecessary (just like heroes being on BPs)….but they do it anyway…because there is intent behind it…

So I’ll refer this to OP again: it’s not like they can’t offer stuff for free…we got some intros for free a few weeks ago…so why the hell didn’t they do it here? There are reasons behind it…and you’re ignoring them because the actual price is stupid low

1 Like

Well we all seem to agree with them.

Have to agree here. So many complaints that the skins are too expensive. The cost of skins is out of touch with reality. Blizzard then makes a skin cost a penny… or is it less than that (?) and it’s still not good enough.

1 Like

Agree about the 1 coin thing being a non-issue. Let’s face it, with current shop prices being sky high and the only reasonably priced item being the battle pass, 1 coin isn’t going to make a difference.

The Brig skin though I disagree. As someone who hates arcade with a burning passion, I would love for event skins to be obtainable by completing challenges in QP or Comp (would settle even for old “obtain skin after x number of wins”).

That’s literally why they made it 1 coin. You were so close to understanding the problem.

1 Like