Forum HTML tutorial

Hi, I can’t put any pic or link in my topic, can somebody help pls ? I did everything he told us to do, but I got this blue message “Sorry, you can’t put image / link in your posts”…

1 Like

Some features are locked for users below a certain trust level. For images and links you need to be trust level 3.
P.S. you can bypass the link lock simply enclosing the whole URL in a quote or using

`www.example.com` and it will show as
www.example.com

More info here: New Overwatch Forum FAQ

I might be a bit late with asking this, but could you prehaps add this alternate way of making tables to the OP?

||1|2|3
|-|-|-|-|-
A|A1|A2|A3|
B|B1|B2|B3|
C|C1|C2|C3|

=

1 2 3
A A1 A2 A3
B B1 B2 B3
C C1 C2 C3

I find this format feels a bit more natural than the one you’ve posted, since it lets you (or me, at least) visualize the table better as you’re working on it.

1 Like

I think there are guides specifically made for Markdown in the forum such as linkdude240’s Short markdown tut or Night’s Forum Markdown Guide
but this is strictly an HTML guide and I would like to keep it as it is for consistency.
That’s the reason why I also decided not to use Markdown anywhere in the tutorial code just in case anyone wanted to check how I did something.

I understand that Markdown may facilitate some things for someone and I appreciate the fact that you took some time to tell me about it though!

2 Likes

A great guide I used for a while, but sadly, much like the endorsement system the trust level system on the forums feels like a complete failure to foster any kind of positive community in OW.

I constantly go from trust level 3 back to 2 just because I have to travel for work once in a while. That’s a clear indicator that people should be revoked of privileges, am I right?

2 Likes

I agree with you that the requirements of level 3 are a little too restrictive for people who aren’t very active on the forum. Luckily most of the codes (except for img and a) are accessible to everyone.
The url restriction can be easily bypassed

1 Like

dammit I was rickrolled

1 Like
Moira Moira + Orb Ana
80+80+80= 240 155+155+155= 465 75+75+75= 225
Ana + Bionade Proposed Mercy
100+112.5+112.5+112.5+112.5= 550 70+65+60= 195

Generic Trademark

1 Like

Please Jeff add back the scatter arrow please.

This is the wrong thread to ask for that, Mrmilker. Create a new post to ask for that.

3 Likes

Wow you got pinned. Way to go!

The @-mention still didn’t work. No idea why.

1 Like

First that thread, now this one. Did Blizzard break something?

2 Likes

I don’t get why this got unpinned. It’s like the most useful thread

3 Likes

Dear admins: 2 posts unpinned? I made this so that I could find out how this got unpinned

2 Likes

Agreed

1 Like

Even if it’s not pinned, if we have it Bookmarked, it should always show up at the top, underneath Dev Pins.

Hopefully Blizzard sees these posts.

1 Like

Wait is that a thing? I have some threads pinned and they don’t show up on the top

2 Likes

No they don’t. I’m saying they should.

2 Likes

It happened a few times in the past so it’s probably going to be back up.
In case it won’t, I’m sure it already helped a lot of people (at least that’s what I like to think) and I consider it a success anyway!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
3 Likes

Bumping for the greater good…

2 Likes