Forcing 2-2-2 will destroy this game

Yeah, I’m not a supporter of this bad idea

The best thing on this game is the creativity and also looking a 5 dps comp winning over 2-2-2 or GOATS is something magical, or some other strange things like quad tanks etc.

Forcing 2-2-2 will destroy all the creativity of this game

35 Likes

How often does this actually happen?

As I’m hitting that third year mark, I find that the best thing is when people instalock a support and tank, and it isn’t me.

61 Likes

I wish that everytime there was 4 or more DPS, that the last 1-2 players would always pick the 5th and 6th DPS.

4+ DPS is nothing short of pure cancer.

22 Likes

They got rid of hero stacking in QP and comp pretty early into the game’s life. Players said the same exact thing then too.

51 Likes

i don’t want 5dps or quad tanks, i prefer locked 2-2-2 would increase match quality much more then it hurts creativity.

ok now your reported, your just rank shaming and trolling with nothing else or…

thats from you. And you tend to always rank shame… It’s funny how you can’T hold your own words.

4 Likes

Yes because we totally use the creativity outside of 2-2-2 and it leads to amazing metas (Goats, 1-4-1 /s). The best thing in the game is its amazing gameplay and engaging strats. Not getting unlucky with 5 dps in a game lul.

7 Likes

There’s is such thing as too much of a good thing.

There’s so much creativity right now, horrible, frustrating and unpleasant comps exist in ranked ladder, yet the pros manage to create overpowered strategies by stacking roles. The meta is very stale. Watch OWL, tell me 2-2-2 lock wouldn’t at the very least increase the number of comps being played.

I’ll trade this overwhelming creativity for some stability any day. A better ladder experience, less bickering about picks and as a bonus we get to kill the most dominant stale meta in OW history - one which I like by the way - without messing up ladder balance even more than we already have.

There’s more than enough room for creativity in Overwatch in Arcade and now with Workshop it’s essentially endless. Enjoy. Hopefully some structure will come to ranked soon enough.

22 Likes

When you mention this umm, ““argument”” in your post and down belove you give as examples 5 DPS and Goats (pretty much some of the most hated comps in the game), well let me just tell you that it doesn’t hold up really well…

2 Likes

Football: Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. It’s also the acknowledgement that something works, so everyone does it to get the same amount of success, and why change success?

absolutely agree. people have already started to spam nerf widow threads, just wait till 2-2-2 lock and every dps is hanzo/widow. People will wish GOATs was meta

1 Like

Overbuff shows that the role pick rates are around 30% each meaning 222 is by far the most popular comp. so the game would already be destroyed by your reasoning. You say the current game is ok, when it’s already basically a 222 game.

4 Likes

2-2-2 is actually currently the most popular comp according to overbuff across the ladder.

HOWEVER, there are plenty of times when you need to break this formation in order to succeed and that’s what overwatch is all about. Flexing and changing your comp accordingly in order to succeed.

When my team picks 5 dps, you bet your buttocks I’m not gonna pick a tank or a healer, I’m gonna take a 6th dps. So far I have won 7/9 games where I have had a 6DPS comp and it truly is Magical.

While 2-2-2 works well most of the time, it’s still neccessary to change to something else quite often, even if it’s just for a minute or so.

4 Likes

I highly doubt that chief, considering the meta only exists mid masters and above. GL finding a decently run double sniper comp (or double snipers at all) below that AND EVEN THEN, people are begging for DPS like Tracer. Genji and Widow to come back to OWL, I think it’d be a welcome addition. Most of the Widow complaints are from people who get higher ranked Widows in their QP games. GL getting a masters widow in a plat comp game.

its not going to happen. not any time soon anyway. they aren’t enforcing it on pros, whom they would have told already, and came out and told the exact opposite because of rumors.

they would have to let pros know first because they need to practice for it, and they were just told that its not happening in OWL.

if its not happening in OWL, I can assure you , its not happening in the main game.

1 Like

I’m mostly just worried about how hard this is gonna hit quick play, especially solo queue.

At this point if it happens, there isn’t much left to destroy.

2 Likes

Quickplay role lock - NO

Comp role lock - Yes.

Also there is no official word role queue is coming, there is no plans for it in stage 3. Until i see it go in PTR i don’t think it’s coming

1 Like

Having a Role Queue and separate SR for each role would be the greatest thing.

I would love playing Overwatch again.

1 Like

“golly, my team could definetely use a thid widowmaker!”
Hero stacking was the worst thing ever and i’m happy they got rid of it.

Honestly i still have no idea why people oppose role queue.
Wanna play dps without feeling guilty and being forced ti flex?
Wanna play off role?

Role queue solves both of these problems.
And the cost is not being able to play goats.
The only thing i’d miss is the 4 dps comp, which is fun to spectate.

6 Likes

Flawed comparison.
The restrictions of not being able to choose 1 hero out of 30 is nowhere near as big as not being able to choose 13-24 heroes out of 30.

You are trying to compare a gun shot to a tactical nuclear weapon.

1 Like