Forced losses ruin ranked

I’m not asking about human brain. I’m asking you to calculate the fair odds since you called out my math. Once that is done, bias the coin flips (supposed 50/50 matchmaking) accounting for the supposed ladder rank/distribution (e.g. normal).

You’ll see that getting 10 losses in a row is around 1 in a 1024 odds at 50th ladder percentile. In the bottom 0.37%, it should be _____________ ?

1 Like

I am not going to. And I explained why.

1 Like

Gotcha. You simply can’t.

1 Like

As I said, you don’t understand how statistics work. You might accuse me of “not knowing the odds”, that doesn’t change a thing.

You also don’t want to entertain the fact that you actually belong in <600 SR. Which is also a very human reaction.

2 Likes

And yet you can’t even perform some grade school calculation to prove that you know how they work.

The only human reaction here is calling someone out on something without being able to walk the walk.

1 Like

Im not sure you understand how science works. That which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence

3 Likes

See above. Educate yourself. You talk about the mathematical Odds. Which is, quite frankly, irrelevant unless you reach a statistical certainty.
Again, the fact that you experience irregularities is proof that it isn’t rigged, not the other way around.

1 Like

I’m not sure you understand anything. I posted sufficient evidence to compute odds of system being ‘fair’ vs. ‘biased’.

You keep saying “ive posted evidence,” when what you really mean is “ive posted anecdotes.” Which proves exactly nothing (other than the fact that you dont really understand what meaningful evidence is)

2 Likes

Wrong. The irregularities point to bias (unfair coin tosses). I’m waiting for someone smart to show the calculation and I will award you a cookie if you get it right. But oh wait. Forums. Calling people out without doing any work.

Wrong. You can begin to compute the likelihood of fair matching/ranking based on my samples provided. I collected coin flips. Now do the math or leave.

I’ve already explained this.

Again: If you got 50% 50% on coin tosses already after say 10 tosses indicates strongly that the system is rigged. You have to toss the coin > 1000 times before you IRL get a fairly even 50% 50% split that isn’t suspicious.

But again, you are just proving you don’t understand statistics.

2 Likes

Did i miss some sort of data set in this thread? Or are you still having trouble delineating between anecdotes and evidence?

3 Likes

These screenshots aren’t evidence of forced losses. If evidence of anything, it’s proof that you haven’t reached your true rank yet. Even if a screenshot of your impressive loss record could be considered scientific evidence, it’d need to be a few orders of magnitude longer.

2 Likes

Incorrect. We don’t need super high confidence. You can toss it a few times and make statements about bias/fairness, especially w.r.t. to the rank it is occurring at. I’ll keep waiting.

So, you argue that you support your anecdotal “evidence” with completely unreliable data.

Forced losses does not exist in this game.

2 Likes

Forced losses mean your rank was too high based on your stats and you got a series of undeserved wins that let you get higher than you belong.

It’s not fun but it’s a balancing act. The matchmaker puts multiple people ranked too high on the same team as a way to force them lower.

To be clear, it’s not because your win rate is above 50%. It’s because your stats are too low for your rank.

You did. I have several hundred matches of my own ~600sr data. I’ve pooled from others in discord at lower ranks. When you start compiling it all, you realize something is unfair in the sense of biased win/loss results with respect to rank. The system isn’t awarding wins (e.g. heads) nearly as much as it should if the coin flips and sr gains were ‘fair’ at 600sr (where wins should be biased - occurring more readily than losses because of player skill regression).

Is that the “evidence” you said youd post, but never did?

Btw, isnt it crazy how this is only a problem in low ranks? I guess the solution to “forced losses” is to git gud?

2 Likes

I’m willing to entertain this idea.

So you say in order to get better teammates, you have to maintain golds, being on fire, etc.

So how do I do that when I’m put onto a team where I’m the weakest player? (I do notice when I’m being carried btw)